Hanging parts jars

I have one like that - it was in the house when I bought it 33 years ago 8-)

I now firmly believe in drawers, so I compared them. There are 51 baby food jars in a space 36 x 8 x 11, or 62 cu-in each. One set of plastic drawers has 20 drawers in a 16 x 11 x 7 cabinet, or 61 cu-in each. The same as the jars! BUT ... BUT, the drawers can be divided into 4 compartments, each of which holds as much as a jar. The jar inefficiency is mostly a matter of needing enough space around each of them to grasp and twist.

If the jars are free, maybe, but if you have to buy them, you might as well buy drawers for about the same price.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

--Hey neat! Lip's a little short tho.. Will see if they have anything else at the site.

Reply to
steamer

Reply to
Tom Wait

--For those who asked here's a photo of how I'm storing things with the bolt-together aluminum version:

steamer