Harbor Freight 25% Off Single Item Easter Sunday

Coupon not valid on any of the following: gift cards, Inside Track Club membership, extended service plans, Compressors, Generators, Tool Cabinets, Welders, Floor Jacks, Campbell Hausfeld products, open box items.

Reply to
Beryl

Whereas eating chocolate eggs laid by magic rabbits resonates just fine.

...like sacrificing yourself to yourself to save people not to be born for

2000 years; ... a "sacrifice" that reverses itself in a few days anyway...

Perfectly sensible!

-- Jeff R.

Reply to
Jeff R.

Most perceptive.

...although I suspect no-one (or practically no-one) actually *is*.

-- Jeff R.

Reply to
Jeff R.

I don't deny that Jesus of Nazareth, or, variously, Yeshua ben Yusef, was real, and probably did real tricks; I simply don't worship him, but think of him more as a brother.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I had a hard time resisting the urge to order a new 12x36 lathe for $1700

Reply to
Rex

That depends on your definition of a Christian. "Your" being used in an editorial sense rather than in a personal sense. I've found it quite enlightening to see how non-Christians often try to button hole or define Christians into a box. Usually to their own benefit. "Well you must not really be a Christian if, (insert whatever the non-Christian wants to manipulate here)."

Being a Christian is defined by one and only one thing. The belief that Christ was the son of God. One might of course try to distort that simple statement with a comment like, "Well then by that definition satanists must also be Christians." By that definition some might be, but a satanist may or may not believe Christ was the son of God. If they do then they are BAD Christians. LOL.

Realistically most people bend or distorts their beliefs or atleast their spoken beliefs to rationalize to themselves and others that they are basically "good" people. The simple FACT is that very few people actually play by the rules (whatever rules they accept) all of the time. This makes them less than perfect Christians, Jews, Muslims, realists, legalists, selfists, or even aetheists. It does not mean that they are no longer a member of that internally self defined group if they fail to live by that standard 100% of the time. It just means they are human.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Very well put, Bob.

I'd only add this...

People don't reject Jesus because they have carefully examined the evidence and have determined that it is not convincing enough.

They don't reject Him because they have read through the Scriptures and have found some apparent contradiction.

They don't reject Him because of the so-called hypocrisy of some in the church.

They reject Him because He interferes with the way they want to live.

Reply to
CaveLamb

More like, "Gunner, delusional asshole"

Reply to
rangerssuck

Gunner Asch on Tue, 26 Apr 2011 22:12:33 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I've pagan friends who insist they are not satanists "Satanism is a _Christian_ heresy!"

Most people, when it comes to a conflict between their spirituality and their lifestyle (Unusually their sex life), will choose to adjust their spiritually, than their lifestyle.

Ayup. Nearly half of Americans will "change" religion in their life - although most of those are just shifting which church they aren't going to on Sundays. B-)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich