Harbor Freight battery leakage

First time I've had trouble with HF batteries. I went to my shelf for something today, and find that two packages of brand new HF "Thudnerbolt Magnum" AA cells had leaked. Two eaches 24 packs. Between then, about 20 batteries had leaked. Less than a year old, not been recharged, brand new in the package.

I'm rather disappointed.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

With a Harbor Freight item? You gotta be kidding! I have only bought about 2 items from them in 15 years. I got a couple good items from them about 25-30 years ago, but their quality went in the toilet and I stopped buying from them WAY back. The has to be a reason everybody comes up with funny names for this outfit, along the lines of "horrible fright".

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

See where it says "Thudnerbolt" on the package? There's the clue, they're counterfeit! You didn't bring home Genuine HF Quality batteries.

Reply to
Beryl

Chinese-made batteries strike again!

Joe

Reply to
Joe

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 22:43:44 -0600, the infamous Jon Elson scrawled the following:

Out of the hundreds of items I've purchased from HF over the past 40 years, I can probably name only a dozen which were truly trash. The rest were decent, some truly great.

I've seen just the opposite. Quality levels are up, especially in the electrical items. Yes, I've returned items and warrantied a few others. The quality of the replacements was great in most cases. One recent problem I had was with their Greenlee clone dies. One noodle factory made the dies, another made the fasteners, and though they were the same thread, the were way off in diameters. The screw stripped out before I even got it halfway tightened. 3 other sets in the store were equally bogus so I ended up buying a real (used) Greenley set for about the same price via eBay. But that kind of low quality is infrequent in HF today.

Vive la Frugal!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Maybe you should switch to SunPower KingSuper batteries.

They live up to the name.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Indeed. I agree.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch