Harbor Freight family feud

not have a

I put it this way, "Are you competent to make your own decisions? If so, are others also competent to make their own decisions?" And if they aren't, is it my responsibility, aside from Morally. (We are our brother's keeper, but that is before God, not Uncle Sam.)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I checked out the dacha link on wiki after I posted. Should have checked first.

I learned something about the Russian kultura. Sounds like more fun than tent camping.

Wes

Wes

The second picture looks at lot like ours.

Ignoramus30382

I'll look after my mother, brother, and sisters and I am sure they will look after me. Uncle Sam, keep your distance, I don't want or need your help, you greedy bastard.

Wes

Wes

Ayup.

And it is between, them and the Good Lord as to the quality of the Looking After.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

disparity will

Come to think of it. We had a Dacha. Mom watched the tax sales and bought two properties across the dirt road from her parents home. We are talking blue collar working man and homemaker wife cookie jar money, not trust fun money. At the time we were living in Indiana and the property was in northern Michigan.

The one property had a rough two story house dating back to the 1880's or so with a wood shed with a outhouse attached. Three holer! It could have used some paint. T

The other property had a tiny hunting cabin on a site that was too small to fit both a well and septic system unless the ajoining property owners, Mom, Grandpa, and Uncle Glen allowed a set a side. She got that real cheap on taxes.

The grand parents when they retired built a new home next to old homestead and we moved into the old one after mom divorced. Well, I didn't, I was off to the USMC but I did live there for a short time after my enlistment until I could buy my own place.

Mom gave uncle the tax sales house, he took the two story part and moved it a mile or so up the road and put a 100 year old addition on his ten year old house but that is another story. Moving a house on your own can be a real challenge. That was back when a bit of freedom was tolerated. Now he would be in a world of chit doing that.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

disparity will

two properties

Exactly.

but I did live

is another

I generally agree, but on the other hand, those dachas essentially had no building codes and they burned a lot.

Ignoramus14749

Even the most confiscatory taxation is far more liberal than the solution adopted by the Catholic Church: the celibate. It is not a religious mandate: it came about to prevent the priests from accumulating and passing wealth, instead concentrating it in the Church, which then spent it on Good Works. Come to think about it, that would probably be labeled as communism by the Tea Partiers.

Reply to
Przemek Klosowski

At various period of history..the Catholic church was far different than it is today. At various periods..there were many many married priests, many who were involved in life long "arraingements" with 1 or more women (including nuns) and many many "millionare" priests (generally Bishops and higher) who controlled large amounts of money as their own.

And then there were periods where the Church dug in its heels, did internal housekeeping and corrected these issues.

And then the clean house devolved back into married priests and so forth.

Its been rather cyclic if one studies history over the past 2000 yrs.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

How about old men in wheel chairs or with prostheses? What about vets that were lucky enough to survive their tours with less obvious permanent physical damage? For example, every vet I've met of my age has some degree of hearing impairment. I have state-of-the-art digital aids but I still can barely hear my 5-year-old granddaughter's tiny voice speaking at her mummy's motormouth rate in a Brit accent that makes her sound like a miniature Amanda Holden. The gentle, spontaneous, perceptive and unabashed honesty of an intelligent and confident 5-year-old child is to be treasured. They arrived yesterday, Nana Mary is thrilled as you might imagine. Mar walked a mile and a half today and she is lookin' good. Very good! Meds and procedures are important but ya can't beat the therapeutic value of a visit by daughter from overseas, favored SIL and treasured grandchild.

Bella noted at the airport that Nana Mary is quite beautiful, poppa Don has funny-looking ears (she spotted my aids) and Uncle Daive (sic) has a big tummy.

Reply to
Don Foreman

"Good Works" are great, a societal boon. Crap like the $25 million spent on a Mormon temple in Sandy Eggo or the $100M CatHolic church in HelL.A. is not.

Outlaw organized religion.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Sat, 07 Aug 2010 12:51:22 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And that is the Roman Church. The Orthodox haven't seen any need to be constantly changing things.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich