Harbor Freight family feud

That kid doesn't have to pay estate taxes, and won't under any proposed tax plan.

It's less likely to happen when you actually understand what you're talking about.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Read the Thurber short story, "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty."

It will help you understand.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:20:04 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote the following:

Ooh, SWEET tanto there. I really like the look and concept of that style blade.

I picked up some of these from (? that place up in Nevada, 4 initials?) about 5 years ago for $1.99 apiece. They throw well, too. ;)

I think I'd prefer a kukri (or 2) on my hip. You?

(lovely brown vinyl sheath! ;)

-- To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Or have large rough men with firearms and no concience, enforceing it.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Indeed they do. And they work pretty well on the end of a piece of Bamboo too.

Hah...I like working ones...

These are actually very well made. At least the 2 examples I saw with that makers mark, were very good.

But shush..Im bidding on one....

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Point, Game, Match...

Reply to
cavelamb

Ed, you're spoiling their fantasies. Again.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Eh, don't worry about it. They have plenty more where those came from. If you took away *all* of their fantasies, they'd have nothing left but an empty sack. I wouldn't want to do that to them. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:37:42 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote the following:

I like more of a hook in 'em, but never having taken anyone's head off with one, my preference is more visual than tactical.

$0.11 for a $199 knife, eh? The Chinese get good, high retail prices over there, don't they? I still have Dad's from his Viet/Thai trip so I'm not looking. I should, however, make a decent sheath for it. The thin leather over the original wooden sheath is falling apart.

The toggle switch ror nonstop work which, to my surprise, turned on in early January has just switched off, so I'll have more time for my things now. Like rebuilding the back porch roof, a new lean-to over my woodpile (teak decking) & tractor shed, a couch (in Jarrah), and that sheath.

-- To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius

Reply to
Larry Jaques

LOL. Zhe ge dao zi tai gui le!

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Actually as Ive mentioned..that particular maker does a very nice job on their blades. They are pretty new on Ebay..and over the past month..people are discovering them and the bid prices are getting higher and higher.

Of couse..the $20 shipping charge from China is a killer on top of the bid price..so the win prices have been pretty small so far.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

the Militia

TITLE 10 > Subtitle A > PART I > CHAPTER 13 > § 311

§ 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title

32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are?

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Note Subsection (2)

And since the ADA rulings effect Section (a)....the upper age limit has been modfied to "unlimited"

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Ed,

Did you see the Op-Ed piece that our old Spartan college mate David Stockman wrote for the NYT? Lists the four things that Republicans have done to ruin the economy. I can't quite figure out if he's defending his stance or complaining that no one listened to him

Probably has a book coming out.

Karl Pearson

Reply to
aslub

SWWWWEEEEEEETTTTT they will never get my militia guns :) You made my day Gunner!

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Yes, he has a book coming out on the financial crisis. The interesting part of that op-ed:

...is that he doesn't mention his own involvement in fostering the whole mess when he was Reagan's budget director.

It is, however, a very good and very succinct explanation of how we got where we are. The only objection I have to it is that he doesn't mention the

*other* way you get out of a tailspin like this, and the preferred way, which is economic growth. Perhaps he says more about it in his book, and perhaps what he says is that there's no way to get enough growth to get out of debt, without a lot of belt-tightening and pain.

I'll look forward to reading the book.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That's the thing about so many of these phony conservatives - they only believe in democracy when it's going their way. Now that their spending sprees have dried up the golden goose, they're pinning their hopes of fresh eggs on "the great cull". If they were smarter they'd invest in something more likely to pay off, such as lottery tickets or gold from glenn beck. Better yet, they should patent those rose-colored glasses they wear that made GW and Palin look like leaders. People could use those to make cowpies look like Wagyu steak.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Wes, this is a case of Gunner's half-assed understanding sending him off on a tangent.

The Court, in the Heller decision, completely divorced the individual RKBA from militias:

"Held:

  1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home."

Scalia went through a seriously convoluted argument regarding militias, but in the end, the definition ensconsed in the current US Code serves as a definition only of whom the right applies to, and the Court made clear that the "unorganized militia" is the pool of citizens from which actual militias would be drawn, should that become necessary. It also comes in handy when it's time to re-activate the military draft.

But the RKBA as an individual right, "unconnected with service in a militia," is now the law of the land.

So don't get all excited. Gunner has no idea what it all means, but the courts do.

Good luck. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ignoramus28671 on Sat, 31 Jul

2010 17:57:21 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

We know that. So as long as your children get to keep a memento, you're good with that. After all, you do need to make a "fair contribution" to "society", and of course, it is up to those in the legislature to determine which bureau will be deciding what is fair. Naturally, as you consider the government to have first priority when it comes to claiming the fruits of your labor.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Ignoramus28671 on Sat, 31 Jul

2010 18:03:21 -0500 typed >> Ignoramus18915 on Fri, 30 Jul

Don't try to duck the issue - you are envious of those who are "better off" than you. That remains the underlying issue: envy, and a desire to punish the rich. You have it, I don't.

And the government buys your soul by promising to do things better for you that don't necessarily need to be done, promising to take it form "The Other Guy".

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I do not consider 55% or 65% of my money to be a "memento". Considering how much I could transfer to them tax free, I am not losing my sleep over estate taxes.

Naturally such things are easier to think, than to actually research this issue.

Ignoramus32079