Hard part is over ...

Well , for me the hard part was getting that damn overhead cam timed right . I've been working on a neighbor's Arctic cat 4x4 ATV , and I sure wish he'd brought it to me first . Several other shops over a few years have "looked at it" and couldn't figure out what was wrong . The machine has been swimming , got tumbled pretty good in a creek . The first think to look at is ignition electronics . Yup , module is bad , and no replacements available - but there's a place out in California that repairs them if repairable . Got that done , still won't run . It tries hard but just can't quite make it . Compression test time , and we've got 30 psi dry , 90 after putting a tablespoon or 3 of oil in the cylinder . OK , stuck rings , so lets order parts ... but wait , can't afford it right now . Well , he gave me the go ahead and I got the parts in , and the motor is basically back together . Just gotta bolt the clutch cover and cam cover assembly back on and then it's just bolting external stuff back on . From the vibes I'm getting , I think his wife is going to get a lot more hours on it than he will .

Reply to
Snag