hard versus soft solder

Hi Don, Thanks for all the info on this. I gotta admit, I am surprised with all the responses and the info/links on this. There is plenty here for me to sort through. The Little Torch setup looks pretty cool. I am definately putting that I my "to purchase" list. I am also attempting to build a resistance soldering unit out of a car battery charger (I have another thread going on this one too). This, if I ever get it to work correctly, will put a lot of heat in one very small location.

Mr. Brown (UPS) is supposed to be here on Tuesday and Wed with the rest of my mill stuff (123 blocks, a vise and some parallels) and my flat brass stock for the hitch. I am hoping to get started on this later this week or early next.

Mike

Reply to
mj

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 06:41:15 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Emmo" quickly quoth:

Smith should be apologizing for not having any pricing or distributor info on their site. Buncha Maroons! (Nogo with Mozilla 1.5 or IE6)

- The only reason I would take up exercising is ||

so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes, it does include the regulators, but no, it does not include the tanks.

Reply to
Emmo

Another book I found reasonable is "Soldering and Brazing" by Turpin A "M.A.P. Technical" - ISBN 0853440980 Mine has 1.95 British Pounds.

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Roger J> I've always called soft solder the alloy that is used for electrical and

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn