Has anyone made a shell mill holder?

I have a nice little 2" Valenite shell mill to adapt to my Eklind mill head. The Eklind uses a modified B3 collet, truly an orphan. The interesting problem is making the drive tabs alongside the pilot shaft that fit into the top of the shell mill.

Anyone have a quick and easy method?

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

The drive keys? Make them separately and bolt them on after the fact. Alternately, mill them on the arbor face, bore a hole for the pilot and hold it in separately with a setscrew.

Just a thought:)

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I made one with a 1/2 inch shank to fit a collet on my Emco mill. The pilot shaft was also 1/2 inch. I milled shallow slots on each side of the pilot shaft and brazed the drive lugs in place. Works for me. I have a R8 holder at work that has the lugs screwed to the pilot. either way works.

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

I am interested in shipping a Diacro 12' shear from Chatsworth Ca. to Minneapolis, MN. What is the easiest and cheapest way to accomplish this. The weight of the shear is listed at 325lbs. Michael

Reply to
Michael

freightquote

Reply to
Ignoramus4376

Twelve *foot*? I didn't know that DiAcro *made* them that large. And the weight sounds too little for a 12 foot sheer, and (I think) too much for a 12 inch shear -- but maybe right if it has all the accessories, including the workpiece clamp bar. It sounds closer to right for the 24 inch one which I have.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols