Help! removing swarf from driver

I am installing self tapping screws to hang lockers unto a steel frame.
Many, many screws. Since the self threading drilling process creates swarf,
all of the swarf ends up within the magnetic tip of the driver. (5/16"
head). Does anybody have good trick on how to remove this swarf. It is
only about 1/8" deep, but the magnet is strong. Peanut butter, bubble gum?
All ideas appreciated. (When it fills with swarf the screw heads don't fit
well and they wobble).
Thanks, Ivan Vegvary
Reply to
Ivan Vegvary
Compressed air.
Reply to
Thomas Kendrick
another magnet will remove it - just get a small samarium cobalt magnet from an abandoned disk drive
Reply to
william_b_noble
Thanks for the above suggestions. Tried them both, and they work fine. Just don't know why I didn't think of either of them.
Ivan Vegvary
Reply to
Ivan Vegvary
Why is the tip magnetic? Why not demagnetise?
Reply to
Ian Stirling
"Thomas Kendrick" wrote: Compressed air. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ And full coverage goggles.
Reply to
Leo Lichtman
The tip is intentionally magnetic so as to hold the screws on the tip.
-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!
Reply to
Bob May
Try a bit of putty or clay and just jam the tip into the stuff. I also just wipe with my fingers to get the swarf off of the tip.