HELP! Value of a Bridgeport

I ran across the most pristine J-head I've ever seen. Its owner passed a couple a months ago and the family is selling the items he had. The Bridgeport apparently has all the original frosting on the bed and elsewhere. The table is (I believe, didn't measure) 9 X 48. Has a Central Machinery power feed on the X. It has a two axis DRO with a switchable second axis (y/z) that looks new. The motor is a 3/4hp, single phase. Paint is worn. A 6" L-W vise on rotary base with 1/4" plastic bed covers. Any ideas of a "fair" value for it? It is in the Oklahoma City metro area. Thanks for the help. Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

$100. Where and when can I pick it up?

Pete C.

;)

Reply to
Pete C.

In my neck of the woods that might bring $4k. $2500 would be a good place to start offering.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Reply to
Ron Moore

Mr Vordos of r.c.m sez, "They're not a great machine, not even a good machine". So don't waste your time.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Well, you could help them list it on ebay. Some nice pictures of ways and bed to show the 'pristineness' might improve the selling price quite a bit.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

I would have to agree with Grant Erwin "In my neck of the woods that might bring $4k. $2500 would be a good place to start offering." having been to many auctions looking for a similar Bridgeport. All the good ones went for $4,000 up to $5,500 for the really good ones.

As for Richard Kinch's posting "Mr. Vordos of r.c.m sez, "They're not a great machine, not even a good machine". So don't waste your time." I don't think what is the quality was ever the question, the real question was how much will it bring at sale.

Roger Paskell

Reply to
Roger Paskell

I bought 2 j head machines last month very nice but no feed or DRO paid 750 each both work well. I also bought a 1 1/2 hp veri. speed wit feed and DRO Great machine for 1800

-- jmathis

Reply to
jmathis