Help with Aerobed frame?

Yes!!

I've always thought so as well!

Altho I agree that losing weight and eating correct are big steps towards alleviating GERD.... I would also say that elevating my bed head abt 6 inches has been the best thing I ever done as well

Matter of fact.... I find it more comfortable to sleep this way with GERD or without.

Problem is... like you said... no one makes a GOOD bed frame that allows easy adjustment of the elevation. I envision a space frame type bed..... made of aluminum tubing.... kind of hi-tech looking. But very strong and light that can be adjusted in elevation and also broken down and easily taken with you on trips such as vacations.

Kind of like a very hi-tech "cot" if you will

I'm not a designer... but wish I were....as id design something myself.

Reply to
me

My wife had some sinus surgery and need to keep her head and upper back elevated for a couple weeks. We went to a foam shop and had them cut a wedge the right length and height from dense poly foam. Worked great and didn't cost much.

From my experience many years ago making waterbed frames, 3/4" plywood is too flexible for a base unless you put cribbing under it. You need 1

1/2" like they use for floor underlay.

Jim

Reply to
Jim McGill

Should be simple enough to wangle up an adjuster out of two ball-screw linear actuators and a bed frame. 120 VAC or 12/24 VDC with an adapter. When two of your neighbors complain that the azimuth adjuster motor is missing from their DBS Satellite antennas, we'll just grin and chuckle...

Or steal the elevation adjustment motor and scissor-jack assembly out of an old bedroom clothes-rack with junk conveyor belt - I mean treadmill. ;-)

(Set it to max speed and launch those loafers out into the hall.)

Just remember that bed frames are usually made of some rather nasty steel that makes Rebar look workable in comparison, so welding may not work for long - drill and bolt.

Oh, and as for the foam wedge - buy ONE chunk half as wide as you need, have the foam shop cut it on a diagonal, keep both halves. Will work perfectly for His and Hers on a split mattress like a Cal King.

I get the occasional 'hot flash' if I snack too late, and I have to put out the fire by chewing a few generic calcium tablets followed by a healthy glass of water to do some spot acid neutralization. Other than that, knocking wood vigorously...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Do you happen to know why 1/8" wires from the bench grinder seem to stand straight up on the shop floor so they stick painfully in bare feet? Every time I question why they don't lay flat.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

They align with the magnetic field...no shit!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

make it strong enough to f*ck in.

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner