Help With Paxton/Patterson CNC Training Mill

I was recently lucky enough to get a fully-CNC ready Sherline mill, in the form of a Paxton Patterson CNC training machine. This was used in middle or high schools for training vo-tech students in how to run CNC.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to talk with my PC. It's running software called Millmaster Pro. Inside the box, there's a PC board labelled OptiDriver Plus that has a parallel port which I've connected to the PC. This is labelled "Controller" on the enclosure. It also has a DB9 connector labelled "Robotic Interface". I have no idea what to do with that. I am running Windows 95 in DOS mode (booting to a floppy made from Win95's command.com and the rest).

I'm hoping to find someone who might be able to help me troubleshoot what's going on. I have been able to fix a couple of electrical problems with the box, and for all I know, there are more.

Thanks, Bob

to reply by email, there are no numbers in my address and certainly not the answer to life, the universe and everything

Reply to
Bob Lombardi

Contact the manufacturer, they can probably help you with any problems that you have. Millmaster Pro and OptiDriver are products of MicroKinetics:

Fred Smith - IMService

Reply to
Fred Smith