Hemostats

Sitting here idly playing with some hemostats on my desk... I started to wonder... Just how do they make those damn things anyway?

It doesn't appear that the "inner" leg could have fit through the slot in the outer leg and yet there don't seem to be any welds either.

Not to mention somehow installing the blind hinge which there is no evidence of on the outside.

So... anyone know the secret trick to making hemostats?

Reply to
Gigs

Have 'm made in Pakistan! There's all kinds of stuff you can't see in surgical instruments on account of the chrome hiding it.

Reply to
carl mciver

On these, there is a hinge pin pressed through, just polished. Turn them sideways and they will assemble with a little stretch. And spring back.

Reply to
wws

Use a BIG hammer.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

"Gigs" wrote: (clip) So... anyone know the secret trick to making hemostats? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Lots of pliers are made that way, and I have wondered the same thing. I don't think it can be done ;-)

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

C'mon, people. You call them hemostats, but anyone who survived the Sixties know what we are REALLY talking about here.

"I was just sittin at my desk and playing with my hemostat ..........." (And contemplating the lint in yer navel, and picking out with the hemostat..........)

Yeah, for like three hours.............

You can't fool us. We know.

Steve

;-)

Reply to
SteveB

Open up the hole and insert. Then forge them back together again.

Bob May

They make them the same way that they make Spencer-Wells forceps ;-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

"Oh, wow, I can see the molecules, man.."

Reply to
JohnM

"Ya can't make that.... ya have to buy 'em" Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Time to change the Saran Wrap on the monitor.

LMAO.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Anybody who says they remember the 60's wasn't *REALLY* there ...

(I am an engineer, so I spent my 60's as a geek -- only figured out years later what was going on. Oh well)

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields

"Mike Fields" wrote

Or, as the Firesign Theater said, "How can you be two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?"

Steve

Reply to
SteveB