Hey Gunner

Well duh , they're going to make bullets out of it to control the masses . Seems they always find a way to avoid the rules to get what they want ... and the current administration seems better at it than any other in the history of the USA .

Reply to
Snag

Gunner Asch on Wed, 04 Dec 2013 09:18:00 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

HA!

King County (Seattle) revealed that it had a voting accuracy level "any Bank would be proud of" at 99.8%, and counted several thousand more votes than ballots. (In 2004, King, Pierce and Thurston counties counted 8,000 more votes than voters. And in the recount for Governor, they kept finding more ballots and the totals always broke for the Democrat.) That was in 2004. Nothing it has done since has given me any reason to respect the legitimacy of the election results of King, Pierce or Thurston counties. Or statewide for that matter. "Vote Fraud By Mail" is the standard.

As long as the permanent government wields its clout in support of the Government party, there will be vote fraud. The most obvious forms of vote fraud are voting multiple times. Motor-voter and vote-by-mail are two methods. But there are other ways - like auditing the Party's opponents, creating bogus criminal investigations and demanding all communications, donor lists, contacts. All to use the power of the state to attack its opponents. Which the Democrats have been doing for the last several campaigns. That is before the idea of funding third party campaigns to split the conservative vote. That worked in the recent Virginia governor's race. And the Libertarians are now crowing how they all cast a "principled vote", while wondering why the Democrat Governor of the Commonwealth is rewarding them so.

So, no. There are more ways to steal an election than by busing illegal voters from polling place to polling place. Motor-voter and vote by mail don't require busses. Using the government to suppress Republican voter turnout, harass (persecute) those who would effectively oppose the Democrat Party. (How many times have Libertarian party groups and affiliates been audited by the IRS, FEC, etc over the last ten years?)

pyotr filipivich

Can you blame them? If the REPs had put up a real candidate, there might have been a race.

Let's hope not.

Already long gone. There are lotsa reloaders up this way. Neither of my loads lends itself to being reloaded. 9mm and 7.62x39 are either cheap or made with steel cartridges, or both. Rearming after the apocalypse will be easy. Knock out the spray-n'-prayer who just tried (unsuccessfully) to kill you, check their wallet (SnP-ers aren't too smart), go to their address, and pick up their large stock of ammo. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Aren't the wheel weights a bit hard for a muzzle loader? Back in the day I was into muzzle loaders for some years and I always found that as pure lead as I could get worked best. For breach loaders a harder allow works well though.

We used to hand load .45 acp target loads at a velocity that was possibly slower then a muzzle loader and used hard bullets. I always wondered what the cap and ball revolvers shoot best.

Reply to
John B.

I mentioned elsewhere in this thread that balls and slugs for the muzzleloaders are cast from lead reclaimed from shower pans , lead piping , and other pure or nearly pure lead . My C&B's like pure lead , anything else is too hard to ram , and doesn't engrave the rifling as well . I have a Colt's patent mold that will cast a slug that will size to fit a .45 ACP or long Colt , haven't tried it yet - but the ball from that mold fits my .44 C&B .

Reply to
Snag

I used to shoot an old sidelock .45 rifle. Round balls would punch overlapping holes at 50 yards, and 1" to 1.5" groups at 100 with the classic cone in your hand (about 90 grains) load of 3F (off a rest). Hand cast (wood mold) patched conicals would shoot 2.5" groups on a good day at 100 yards with 120 grains of 2F. I bought the round balls, but made my own conicals... Perhaps maxiballs might have shot better, but I liked the patched load as the patch makes an almost perfect engagement with the rifling. I really liked that rifle. Some scum sucking pig swiped it out of my garage one day when I stepped in the house for a soda. I like my place in the country now better. I can't shoot in my backyard, but nobody is getting close to my garage or my shop without coming down a long driveway, or jumping the canal and the fence in the back.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Heh , I have a 25 yard "range" set up along side/behind my shop . Right next to the straw bales I use for archery practice . And you can get close to my shop and "house" thru the woods , but Goldie wouldn't like that . And she bites ...after alerting me by barking her head off . My rifle is a .50 Plains rifle , half-stock and a single retainer key . Shoots pretty good , I can still get 1" groups at 25 yds offhand . Eyes ain't what they useta be , I'd like to put a scope on it . Got one that will work , just need bases and rings . And time ...

Reply to
Snag

Larry Jaques on Wed, 04 Dec 2013

17:18:58 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And if the "too principled to vote for Romney" sorts had stayed home - we'd have Barak Obama reelected.

Hope and Change. Ayup - that worked so well last time too.

The Democrats have institutionalized vote fraud. Hoping they don't get the majority of the votes, and then not voting - isn't going to change much. Not that the Democrats care.

-- pyotr filipivich "As long as I count the votes, what are you going to do about it?" William Marcy "Boss" Tweed. (Democrat New York,) 1871

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I voted for my chosen candidate but he didn't win, either.

Yeah, and he didn't even give them change. How the hell did he get reelected? (because 52% of the people weren't paying the slightest bit of attention to outcomes, just rhetoric.)

I take voting seriously, and as a responsibility, so I've voted in every single possible election since I turned 18, Pete. Unfortunately, about 3/4 of the topics and/or people I vote for don't win when I want them to. There are still too many sheeple/Demonrats in CA and OR.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Why in the Seven Hells would you want one of those new-fangled jobs? Stick with matchlocks. They're a proven technology.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Nah, the 9s are brass, but steel cases are found on the 7.62s.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Sat, 07 Dec 2013 05:44:08 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

The IRS and the DOJ did their jobs: get the Boss re-elected. It is, the Chicago way.

pyotr filipivich

Larry Jaques on Fri, 06 Dec 2013

14:50:03 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And Barak Obama thanks you for not voting for the Other Guy.

So you are saying you are part of that 52%?

As far as the DNC is concerned, it really doesn't matter how large the "Not-Democrat" vote is, as long as no part of those who do vote "not-democrat" is greater than the part which votes Democrat. Let's face it, more people didn't vote for Obama in 2012 or 2008 (or 2006) than voted for him. But not-voting doesn't count, and of those who voted, more voted for Obama than who ever was number two.

On that I'll agree. But the solution is to educate. Not lecture, but educate. "Where there is no leader, convert the man on your left." That was originally about piety, but it applies to just about any social situation.

pyotr filipivich

And 9s are pretty much too cheap to reload.

Sounds like "loads" of fun.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Perhaps, but he and Romney still hate me for not voting for them. So what's new?

Hell, no. I voted. Did you?

Yeah, as long as they've got the game sewn up...

Sounds more like preachin', Rev Pete. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Sat, 07 Dec 2013 13:20:35 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"As long as I count the votes, what are you going to do about it?" William Marcy "Boss" Tweed. (Democrat New York,) 1871

My point was that when it comes down to the bottom line, it is a two party system. As far as the DNC is concerned, as long as the GOP candidate doesn't get more votes, than their candidate, what difference does it make how many didn't vote for the Democrat? (Same goes for the RNC.) Two thirds of the voting population can Not vote for OurPartyCandidate, but unless those who do vote concentrate on one candidate (DNC/RNC) then what does it matter?

Reply to
pyotr filipivich