hi temp zip tie

I'm still thinking on how to mount a temp sensor to a solar hot water heater. I plan to put the sensor wire inside a 1/2" flexible copper pipe and
bring it along side the hot exit water pipe on the solar heater. Need to attach this to withstand a small hurricane (hopefully) and the hot Florida sun. Plan "A" was just electrical zip ties for both sensor and copper conduit. Will these take the heat? Got a better idea?
http://www.mcmaster.com/#1760k77/=5oipt5

Small s/s hose clamp?
What about just some wire, heat sink compound and then wrap in self-adhesive fibreglass tape, then if needed insulate it from the weather.
On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 01:48:10 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

Getting distracted from the greenhouse temperature regulation? Or are you done?
--
www.wescottdesign.com

Most definitely distracted. Long story short, had to move with Julie in the hospital and misplaced everything. She got out yesterday and is already putting my life back in order. I'll do this little job for my landlord and get back on the controller.
Karl
Karl,
I am very sorry to hear your wife has been ailing. Now she is out of hospital and hopefully on the mend.
Best regards,
Bob Swinney

Most definitely distracted. Long story short, had to move with Julie in the hospital and misplaced everything. She got out yesterday and is already putting my life back in order. I'll do this little job for my landlord and get back on the controller.
Karl
Dorman Conduct-Tite 83915 10-pak 8" Heavy Duty Wire Ties made of stainless steel.
I found 'em at a local TSC Tractor Supply Co store, but they were clearance priced, so they were likely disconinued, or a cheaper source was found.
--
WB
metalworking projects
Wild_Bill wrote:

That is still a good number. it is part of the Motormite Help! line, red packages. under $5.00 retail. Most of the parts stores carry that line, but it's a slow mover so you may not find one in a local store.
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 01:48:10 -0500, "Karl Townsend"

Stainless wire ties http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/10625/10002/-1?CT 9
Have a layer of insulation or tape between the tie and the copper pipes to prevent electrolytic corrosion.
Karl Townsend wrote:

Aircraft safety wire, 8 turns per inch.

I would machine a block to fit one side of the pipe and drill a hole for the sensor, so its lead wires are also at the measured temperature and don't cool it. The block could attach with a U bolt.
Then wrap it with fiberglass under metal duct tape. The Foilmastic tape from Home Depot on my solar collector has stood up to sunlight quite well for 4 years. It tears easily, though.
jsw

Do you have any stainless mig wire?
Dan
it doesn't take long to identify a wide range of suitable adhesives that claim strength to 600 deg F - why are you using zip ties?

Black Zip ties seem to take the heat and sun better. Ideal has a nice heavy one with a stainless steel internal catch that is really tough.
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 01:48:10 -0500, "Karl Townsend"

Ah...why not simply use a pair of radiator hose clamps????
Gunner