Hilti TE6A

PowerToolreviews.com has review the Hilti TE 6-A. Here is a quote.

"The SDS+ chuck that comes standard with the Hilti TE 6-A drill uses special bits that are a little different than your standard bits."

Knothead

Reply to
Knothead

Hey Knothead,

Not too sure what your post meant. There was a statement but no question or start of a discussion.

If what you posting was a question about what this drill motor with the SDS+ chuck is and the "special bits", then maybe I can help. Hilti makes very good line of industrial tools, of which this is one, that do not use a standard chuck to hold the tool. This type tool is most generally used in "hammer mode" in concrete to make holes, or set anchors with a Carboloy masonary bit. The shank of the tools has a pair of "ears" forged into the shank, which are what the chuck grips and drives. They fit quite loose, and they won't fit in anybody elses tools, and the SDS chuck won't grip any other type but these. What you might call a captive market.

However, they do have an optional accessory, which is an "ordinary" drill chuck mounted on the SDS style shank, so that you can use the drill m,otor to drill steel or what have you with standard twist drill bits. Other accessories too, but I only know of this one.

Take care.

Brian Laws>

Reply to
Brian Lawson

The TE6 drill that I used for several years had a chuck that took a drill with two depressions in the shank, a system that worked just fine as long as you lubricated the chuck regularly. Is this SDS chuck something new?

I think that Hilti hammer drills are the best. Drill bits were not a big expense because we had them sharpened and/or repaired as needed and used the same ones forever.

Vaughn

Reply to
Vaughn

That is a SDS bit. SDS+ has a few added grooves. SDS MAX is the next size up for bigger drills, but looks very similar.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler