Homemade industrial wire stripper

I think you mean the right.

Reply to
mlac420

I found a good machine that you can make (I am going to make one also). This machine requires some rollers from an old excerise machine, a motor, b elt and some wood. It does not have any blades at all, and the insulation i s burnt off using only friction. This stripper can handle any type of wire you throw at it. You can see it in action here with instructions on how to build it;

Good luck! Rich

Reply to
richlilja

I used one once that was made from a gear head motor, cutter[as in a wheel from a pipe cutter] which was spring loaded against a serrated wheel which drove the wire through and split the insulation. I don't think you could make one like this that would take a wide range of wire. The whole thing was mounted on the gear head. CP

Reply to
MOP CAP