Automatic wire stripper

My automatic wire stripper is wearing out, and I would like a better one for small hook-up wires. I have found two units online that say they will strip 22-28 gauge wires [mine was rated for 10-18 gauge]. They are a Gardner-Bender stripper and the QuikStrip [which comes in a two-pack with regular size and mini strippers]. Can anyone comment on a good unit for stripping hook-up wire?

Reply to
harrym

Sounds like it is time for some new cutters for your stripper. Quality strippers do have replacable parts and you can usually get them from the manufacturer or one of the places that sells the strippers. Gardnee is a quality manufacturer (or, has been) and you should be able to get the replacable parts from them.

Bob May

There is.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist "

-Salman Rushdie

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." -Martin Luther King

"A gentleman is a man who can disagree without being disagreeable." Anon

"Revolution in Politics is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment." Ambrose Bierce

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts"

- Mark Twain

Reply to
Mountain Goat

Ideal has a design (Stripmaster) that we have used for years and still do. Never found anything better.

They are available in 2 mechanical sizes and each has an assortment of interchangeable blades available.

Dave

Reply to
L.Hamilton Silkitis

Radio Shack has an "imitation" version that's ok with a little fine tuning. DS

Reply to
L.Hamilton Silkitis