Horrid Fright flyer arrived

It depends how deep under the fireworks stand you put the dynamite.
The best of both worlds.
With luck..its next to a gas station.
Geeze...I think I just got a woodie....
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner
It certainly is a pick!
"Louis Ohland" wrote:
Reply to
Jon Danniken
You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friend's nose...
"Billy" from the cartoon series "The Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy"
See what television is good for?
J> It certainly is a pick!
Reply to
Louis Ohland
The same joke was used on "You Can't Do That On Television" on Nickleodeon in the early '80s. Anyone remember 'Moose'?
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
nick hull fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@dialupusa.usenetserver.com:
Unless you possess a federal explosives user license, that's now a federal felony -- for both you and the dealer. There is no place in CONUS or its protectorates or possessions where it is anymore legal for any individual to possess or convey explosives (except for recreational quantities of black powder and consumer fireworks) without a federal license. Not even in your own state. Not even in your own county or city.
Unfortunately, those days are gone. My wife just got her state Blaster's License (also required) and will soon apply for her federal user's license.
BTW... there no longer exists the thing called a "permit"; good for one or a few uses, and low in price. Now every individual must obtain a license, and undergo a lengthy and detailed federal background check.
If you're 60 now, and have been totally "clean" since being arrested for smoking a joint when you were 13, you are a "hardened criminal", not authorized to handle or buy explosives, even for another licensed individual.
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
Are you saying that even having been arrested -- but not convicted -- is enough to disqualify you from a license to handle explosives?
Ignoramus2518
Ignoramus2518 fired this volley in news:bOadnWkVMKABRADanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:
No. But any "conviction" (including withholding adjudication of guilt) for any crime the penalty for which COULD HAVE BEEN a year or more in jail (regardless of the penalty applied) is considered enough to kick you out of the system.
For instance, I had an employee who was 42 when we hired him. He was a hard-working fellow who hadn't so much as a traffic ticket since he was 17. But when he was 16, he was arrested in a car full of teens where pot was being smoked. He was not found using it, but it was in his car.
He was "convicted" by withholding adjudication, given a year of community service and no jail (having never had any other legal problems), and had his record expunged after his community time.
We hired him and filed the documentation that day. We had him eleven months before the FBI determined that he was not qualified. We received a phone call, and had to fire him that very minute -- not even at the end of the work day.
There is a lengthy, seldom-successful method to get shuck of that classification. DHS has implemented a "Request for relief from disabilities" by which one can apply to have the classification removed. In fact, they grant maybe one in five legitimate requests, and it takes two or three years.
Our employee applied for relief two years ago, and still has not heard back.
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
I see. I believe that those crimes are considered to be felonies. I see your point about some of the old ones not being relevant to the person's current situation.
Very unfortunate.
Ignoramus2518
Yes, we definitely need more government. I'm sure with another 10,000 employees, the fired employee would already be denied...
Psst. Hey Lloyd, never puffed the whacky weed, never popped pills, never snorted or inhaled. One speeding ticket in Iowa in 1987. Can I help make things that explode?
Lloyd E. Sp> For instance, I had an employee who was 42 when we hired him. He was a
Reply to
Louis Ohland
Louis Ohland fired this volley in news:2Flnj.14$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe07.lga:
Yep. C'mon down!
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
Say, Lloyd, what's your relationship to Garden State Fireworks? If you supply their stuff, I've seen your work. Lots of "oohs" and "aahs."
-- Ed Huntress
Reply to
Ed Huntress
"Ed Huntress" fired this volley in news:479e06b6$0$6361$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:
Ed, Garden State is our "sister company" (well, among Italians, I guess that would be "brother")
Our founder owned part of Garden State in the 60's. He made for warmer climes, and sold to his brothers/cousins to get a stake to build this factory in 1974.
The family - the Santores - have been in business continuously since 1896.
We still supply some material to them, and they supply to us, but there is no longer any business connection to them. They are Garden State Fireworks, and we are Ralph Santore & Sons, Inc.
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
You just got added to the Terrorist Watch List Peppers pleeze
Reply to
Rex
Heil Cheney!
Rich
Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria
In the few places that stock ANY fireworks around the parts of Canada I have been in, $100 worth of fireworks won't make enough light or sound to be worth getting out of my chair for. $10 frikken Roman Candles and $12 for a pack of Sreecheroo's and similarly sanitized fireworks. Yeesh! A kid could hardly get hurt. Where's the fun in that?
When I was in Honduras in '89-'90, I bought some firecrackers that were made from multiple sheets of newspaper. Fun! The equivalent there, of $20, bought a right pile of them. The big ones were roughly the size of a road flare, while the smaller ones were triangular, and shaped like a triangularly folded flag. :-)
The same vendors were selling shells, as well as mortars to launch them out of, a section of 2 inch steel pipe.
We had a house party, a couple doors down from the US ambassadors place. The Marines there got pretty used to us, but I think the other neighbors were pretty happy when we left. :-) There were around a hundred bucks US worth of fireworks that one night.
Alcohol and flammables. Does it get better thatn that? :-)
Cheers Trevor Jones
Reply to
Trevor Jones
Ah..fucktard...what does this have to do with the VP?
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner