How dangerous is cadmium in Silver Solder?

The health risks of cadmium are real, but they're mainly an issue if you're going to extract cadmimum from the joint afterwards, maybe by wearing soldered jewellery or by using a silver teapot or wine jug. If you're just brazing carbie tips and you have reasonable fume control while you've got it hot, then it's no problem.

Personally I worry about fumes from a fluoride flux more than I worry about the cadmium.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Either rig a fume extractor over the work to suck up the Bad Stuff and get it outside and away (when working indoors), have the prevailing wind or a fan at your back so you get clean air while working, or both. Problem solved. ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman