How N. Korea suddenly had ICBMs that work

I hope that pun was intentional. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 10:44:28 AM UTC-4, avlWst?? ?????? ? ? ?????? ?

Your ignorance is showing. You do not know your guidance from your flight controls.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

This appears to be a Space Shuttle (STS) main engine, a VERY sophisticated piece of turbomachinery. I seriously doubt the North Koreans could make one of these work in less than a decade. It stretched the capabilites of the US to make them work, and were a continuing source of problems throughout the program.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Wrong attribution, Jon. That was our Home Depot aerospace engineer. I'm doing my best to hold in the laughter. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Well, if the guidance system fails catastrophically, it can lead to the missile breaking up from dynamic forces. If it fails less badly, the range safety officer will have to blow it up before it hits a populated area. Most tests have command destruct systems. No idea if they do that in DPRK, though.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Ed Huntress wrote on 8/25/2017 11:49 AM:

They switched from 'Bing' to 'Google' and found the right schematic'.

A modern smartphone has all the sensors required to let the rocket correct its course and guide itself to its destination.

All you need to do is write an App and send the output to an interface to control the power of each of the three nozzles (a rocket has no wings or rudder, so a minimum of three nozzles would be needed to make the rocket go in any direction you want it to).

North Korea makes smartphones:

Download this Android App (Sensors Multitool) to read the sensors:

This "Sensors Multitool" App can read all the sensors in your Android smartphone (everything you need to guide a missile to its destination):

GPS Rotation Vector Linear Acceleration Gravity Gyroscope Accelerometer Magnetic Pressure Orientation

Reply to
WbKKlu⚛← Mighty ╬ Wan nabe →⚛YGUzRT
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

It is such a simple construction, please explain to me which part you or Kim Jong Un cannot make (if you have the money and tools).

Reply to
RXDdng⚛← Mighty ╬ Wan nabe →⚛dJjeoh

snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote on 8/25/2017 1:17 PM:

Semantics.

Reply to
oyAzlH?? ?????? ? ??? ???? ??JOWfmu

ight controls.

Not really. On the Trident Missile General Electric makes guidance units. Lockheed makes flight controls.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Jon Elson wrote on 8/25/2017 2:01 PM:

?? ? ??????? ?? ??>

As I have explained before, all the sensors required to control a rocket

are inside a modern smartphone. Please let me repeat my post:

It is very easy to make a rocket. The difficult part is the flight control unit that keeps the rocket flying straight and narrow instead of

going in random directions after liftoff and crashing back to earth near

the launchpad.

A modern smartphone has all the sensors required to let the rocket correct its course and guide itself to its destination.

All you need to do is write an App and send the output to an interface to control the power of each of the three nozzles (a rocket has no wings

or rudder, so a minimum of three nozzles would be needed to make the rocket go in any direction you want it to).

North Korea makes smartphones:

Download this Android App (Sensors Multitool) to read the sensors:

This "Sensors Multitool" App can read all the sensors in your Android smartphone (everything you need to guide a missile to its destination):

GPS Rotation Vector Linear Acceleration Gravity Gyroscope Accelerometer Magnetic Pressure Orientation

Reply to
KTGDrV?? ?????? ? ??? ???? ??XEPmtq

Anyway, a modern smartphone can achieve both tasks because it has all the sensors required. Please let me repeat my post:

[...]

UJAIBZ?? ?????? ? ??? ???? ??nQDcfT

Now I'm sure you're pulling our legs. No one is that stupid.

Reply to
Ed Huntress
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Ed Huntress wrote on 8/25/2017 5:12 PM:

JNF

??TeRcSC

where, but

th no

flight

w instead of

o earth near

rocket

interface

as no wings

make the

nsors:

r Android

stination):

ange

BMs that

Era

ory in

.

robably

s or

. In

have

unless

ngle

s say

russians

a.

ngine

make

he

'T

,

gs

:

US,

the

North Korea's quantum leap in missile technology coincides with their foray into smartphone manufacture:

Reply to
iwgPeo⚛← Mighty ╬ Wan nabe →⚛nqXXfn

It corresponds to their getting their hands on Russian rocket engines.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Why buy when you can make your own? I have already shown you how easy it is to make a rocket.

Their rocket fuel is from electrolysis of water (hydrogen and oxygen).

Their flight control sensors are from smartphone parts.

Reply to
RvnMLF?? ?????? ? ??? ???? ??uRuDGq

No, you showed us a cartoon drawing that you probably don't understand.

And you've shown us that you're a simple-minded troll.

Enjoy your psychosis.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

there is no ukraine. there is only russia.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

yes, very impressive, if you're in the 1960s.

"the rocket experts". LOL

More experts? better grab some paper and a pen to take notes.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

None of those 5 rocket failures crashed into a city. Only china could pull off that trick.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

The point I was trying to make is that North Korea's success in new missiles (not blowing up off the launch pad) has nothing to do with Clinton giving them the 'guidance system'.

Nobody needs Clinton's 'guidance system'. All the sensors required for flight control and guidance system are inside modern smartphones (and China makes almost all the smartphones in the world).

Download this Android App (Sensors Multitool) to read the sensors:

This "Sensors Multitool" App can read all the sensors in your Android smartphone (everything you need to guide a missile to its destination):

GPS Rotation Vector Linear Acceleration Gravity Gyroscope Accelerometer Magnetic Pressure Orientation

Reply to
SBPktv⚛← Mighty ╬ Wan nabe →⚛EvdiKG