How N. Korea suddenly had ICBMs that work

You have a funny way of spelling "Hughes Electronics Corp" when saying who provided help to the Chinese. On a practical level, have the Chinese fired any of these rockets at us? Or just launched satelites?

It seems like the Chinese are easier to trust than the North Koreans. For one thing, they know where their biggest export market is.

Elijah

------ how much do you buy from China?

Reply to
Eli the Bearded
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Eli the Bearded wrote on 8/29/2017 7:27 PM:

Only 18% of China's export goes to the US.

Reply to
tMkDaB⚛← Mighty ╬ Wan nabe →⚛QvjDSR

Those engines definitely were made in Ukraine, because no one else made them. The question is when they were made (now or 30 years ago) and who sold them, as both Ukraine and Russia have some in stock.

I am sure that making good rocket engines is not as easy as some people think.

We are in a very interesting new world. For example, countries can defy the United States and the so called "world order" and get away with it. This used to be impossible.

Ignoramus8901

And, The U.S. is China's single largest market for the past 15 years, excepting for 2013.

Reply to
goodsoldierschweik

Nukes are the great equilizer, they prevent attempts at regime change by foreign powers.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beel

The V-2 engine design group, mainly Walter Thiel, had enormous difficulty with the seemingly simple nozzles that injected fuel and oxidizer into the V-2 combustion chamber.

- "The Rocket and the Reich"

"Eventually, through a seven-year process of trial and error, a fuel-cooled rocket engine of 1.5 tonnes thrust and a specific impulse of 215 seconds was perfected. But all attempts to scale this engine up to the thrust required for the A4 met insurmountable combustion instability problems. Finally an interim solution was found to produce engines for test A4 missiles found. This involved clustering 18 of the

1.5 tonne combustion chambers and feeding their exhaust into a common 'mixing chamber'. In fact this immensely complex 'interim' design had to be pressed into production."

The extra "found" is where the verb would be in German.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Not really. The USA attempted to suppress aggression -between- countries, especially when it was a proxy for superpower conflicts, but did relatively little to affect their purely internal affairs, Albania, Cuba, Syria, Libya and Egypt for example. Of course whether or not a change in leadership might be sufficient cause for intervention was a difficult judgement call.

We didn't care one bit that Yugoslavia was Communist after they ceased their low level conflict with Italy.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Clinton did the exchange agreement. Hughes might have been making them for the US.

The Koreans get most anything they want from China.

Mart> >> If you remember, China was blowing up missiles off the launch pad until

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

You failed to answer the question. Try again.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Please find someone to explain this to you if you are too stuuuuuupid to understand the relevance of my answer to your question:

Do you know we are all hurtling in space around the Sun at 18.5 miles per second, while our Earth is spinning around its own axis at the same time? Our analog clocks and watches have been very accurate at keeping time.

Have you heard of Einstein's Theory of Relativity, and his thought-experiment of a person inside a moving train, a spaceship, or a falling elevator?

To answer your question, the sensors in your phone taped to a missile traveling at speeds of 4 miles per second will be as accurate as when you are holding it in your hand while walking on the street. The sensors inside a smartphone will measure the gravity, rotation vector, acceleration, pressure and orientation just the same.

Here are some more fun facts:

How fast is the Earth spinning?

0.5 km/sec

How fast is the Earth revolving around the Sun?

30 km/sec

How fast is the Solar System moving around the Milky Way Galaxy?

250 km/sec

How fast is our Milky Way Galaxy moving in the Local Group of galaxies?

300 km/sec
Reply to
lOcjQe⚛← Mighty ╬ Wan nabe →⚛HCrlbT

What is the expected pressure reading when reentering the atmosphere? What is the expected rotation vector when 5 miles above the target? What is the can you really measure 32 feet per second per second with a phone?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

If you follow the Google Play link to download the app to your smartphone, then you will be able to answer all your own questions.

There is no rotation vector reading when the phone/missile is not rotating.

The phone will display gravitational acceleration in x-y-z axis. The missile/phone's acceleration will increase/decrease those reading.

The main function of those sensors are to adjust the thrust in the 3 or more exhaust nozzles so it will go in the direction you want it to go.

You are too ignorant and too f****ng stupid to talk science. Go away. Dinner is ready. You mom is telling you to get out of the basement to eat upstairs.

Reply to
FuzOdN⚛← Mighty ╬ Wan nabe →⚛ieWVhz

But does it measure the level of stupidity in a "?? ?????? ? ??????? ??" post?

Reply to
goodsoldierschweik
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

snipped-for-privacy@invalid.junk wrote on 9/4/2017 12:24 AM:

Follow the link. Scroll down and find all my post in this thread, including this post you are ready now. You will see that those are not question marks.

How do you get to be so stupid, and yet not run over by a bus?

Reply to
oDDEgx⚛← Mighty ╬ Wan nabe →⚛hJEZrS

Do you actually expect an answer from someone who signs himself "?? ?????? ? ??????? ??" ?

Reply to
goodsoldierschweik