How to avoid coolant splash on the lathe

Hi!

May be an old hat for some of you. But I just found out a way to avoid splashing coolant around all over the shop when working on a lathe.

You know what happens if you have to use coolant on the lathe, spindle RPM is 1000, 160mm chuck and the coolant creeps to the left along the work, reaches the chuck and ...

I cut a groove (about 3mm wide, about 4mm less in diameter) a bit left of the place where I later will part off when finished. Now that's exactly the place where the coolant stops.

Dry er .. try it!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller