Correct toolpost size for 9" lathe

I want to get a piston or wedge toolpost for a 9" lathe. I think the Dorian AXA size may be too big.

Comments?

Reply to
Louis Ohland

It will just SEEM too big until you get used to it. :-)

I use a Dicksons and the top of the block is 3x3. The tool holder adds another inch.

When I first started using it it seemed rather big and clumsey. But it works well and I use it for just about everything.

I still keep the old lantern job around though. I use it when I have an odd shaped workpiece and don't have enough space for the Dicksons.

DOC

Reply to
doc

You may find it interesting to take a look at these holders:

I'm thinking maybe I'll try making some of my own someday. McDuffee pointed these out a few weeks ago. He had some picture/images on his site that his students built too.

There is a lot of satisfaction/pleasure in making something like this for yourself.

If you look up the AXA size/offering on Little Machine Shop's site they have a few notes on mounting that may be helpful too.

Reply to
Leon Fisk

AXA fits my 9" Logan perfectly Also worked well on 2 10" lathes - Atlas & Enco

Reply to
Rex