How to cost efficiently clean rust from steel plate

And another intelligent, logical, response from the sage of rec.metalworking.

Rather sad to see how far some have regressed.

Reply to
Fool Killer

Possibly not a Liberal but certainly a Fool.

Reply to
Fool Killer

snipped-for-privacy@u7g2000yqg.googlegroups.com...

For the 6BQ5 or the 6CG7?

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

6bq5
Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@u7g2000yqg.googlegroups.com...

I had to go look at this. There is a store in a mall in Dewitt NY that is selling vintage audio gear. They had some nice gear from the past but the prices were a bit high for most of it. Kind of strange seeing gear that I had dealt with years ago. They had a few tube amps on hand. Sort of weird though, they had a nice set of Cerwin Vega D series being fed through a Macintosh amp. The source was an I-Pod!!!

Reply to
Steve W.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@u7g2000yqg.googlegroups.com...

Note that it's a *McIntosh*, not a *Macintosh*.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@u7g2000yqg.googlegroups.com...

Shades of me yout! My friend in Phoenix, AZ had a Marantz turntable, Marantz 4000 Quad preamp (OhMyBuddha, what a treat!) and a McIntosh amp which fed through Boze 901s and 301s. We rocked the SHIT outta that apartment complex. Girls came for miles to listen to it and fall under our spells. The 4000 removed all the hiss, crackles, scratches, and pops from those old vinyl records. I almost came the first time I heard an album through it. I'm pleasantly surprised that McIntosh still makes the Mc275!

(There's nothing like a cheap phone video through which we preview and hear a stereophile preamp, huh?)
, and

Also back in the '70s was my sister's boyfriend's (lead guitar) bass player, Dave Lines, who started Allied Sound and Lighting in Oceanside, CA. He had strung together a pair of mono-clamped Phase Linear 700Bs and let them sing through 4 Voice of the Theater speakers (with JBL rather than Altec Lansing speakers). I had earplugs and earmuffs on and could stand in that converted hangar and feel every note go right through my body.

,

Fond, fond shades o' me yout...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Two watt 68 ohm .

Now I did say I learned about tubes in college. But I never actually designed any tube circuits, although I did fix stuff with tube circuits in the Navy.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Those brushes are rated at 3600rpm but will easily stay together at 1.5x that. The best way is to stack single sections on a long arbor. We swage multiple brushes on a tube for customers wanting a quick-change.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

That is correct--well done.

My "design" mostly consisted of swapping sections from the schematic of one amplifier into a different one in order to achieve tone quality more desirable for use with guitars and other musical instrument.

I'm self-taught, but can usually repair defective tube amplifiers and radio equipment without a schematic, using only a vom.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

I ran across an IC that you might find interesting. It is a PT2399. available from China for 99 cents including shipping or 10 for $3.42 on ebay.

Dan

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Thanks but I really don't have a desire to mess around with that kind of stuff anymore

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Wow, I can snip away too, does that make me a precision machinist?

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

And I wonder, if we start calling ourselves "superprecision supermachinists", will it make us such?

Ignoramus17564

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@u7g2000yqg.googlegroups.com...

There is quite an industry in finding older audio gear and shipping it to places like Vietnam and other turd world shitholes. The Party people are buying it like crazy.

A Vietnamese friend of mine has been going around and buying up a lot of tube amps and speaker systems and putting it all in good working order and then when he can fill a seatrain...shipping it off. Making a decent living at it as well.

I helped him unload a U-haul trailer full of it he had bought from a "collector" for $8k. Stuff Id not seen in 30 yrs and Thau was laughing like a bandit because he would profit some $30k from it after expenses.

Ive had little use for high end audio equipment due to hearing loss issues..I simply cant hear the "good notes" and havent for almost 40 yrs.

Anyone want a Roberts 771 tape deck? Got one out in one of the sheds. No idea if it works or not..but it did when I put it up. It has the cover..and the seperate speakers which button up to the box

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

roups.com...

                        Dan

You think you're funny insulting other peoples' backgrounds ?

(even you own "friend")

Reply to
Transition Zone

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@u7g2000yqg.googlegroups.com...

??? He calls himself Vietnamese. He was a pilot in the Vietnam Air force and escaped in 1975. His father was a governor of a province in Vietnam and was killed by the VC.

And?

Nguyen, Toh , /1 each. Mark I, Mod 0

Feel free to call him. Nice guy for a zipper head. We have been friends for..hummm 15 yrs so far....somewhere about that.

One of the best..the best prototype machinists Ive ever encountered. The dude is astounding!

What..you dont have any friends? TZs usually dont.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

24, 1:07 pm, Ignoramus25707

Soak in a 25% solution of molasses. Ever wondered why black strap is one of the most iron-rich foods?

Reply to
Father Haskell

I use HCL - pool acid but buy baking soda from Sams in gallon sized bags and have a concentrated (soda on the bottom refuses to dissolve) and the acid in another tank (plastic ) once it is clean - (minutes) Rubber gloves the item into the soda bath - gloves and all - getting all the acid neutral. The soda is there for your hand or head (wear protection) if something happens - get it into the soda fast! Smaller parts I use a plastic draining bowl to put into and take out a handful of items.

The other item is the Green stuff - Phosphoric acid. - By the gallon or by the small gel bottle of rust remover.

Oxycilliacid (sp) - often used in clothing to remove rust stains.

Mart> >> On Jan 24, 2:51 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@krl.org" wrote:> On Jan 24,

1:07 pm, Ignoramus25707 >
Reply to
Martin Eastburn

24, 1:07 pm, Ignoramus25707

Most any acid works, but molasses won't burn you and isn't a hassle to dispose of. Pour directly into the garden.

Reply to
Father Haskell