How to cut this copper coil

That looks really nice. Should do a good job on this.

Thought you might have something like that around. You are quite the scrounger :)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I bought the pump on craigslist and the cutting head I bought new from a retailer.

Ignoramus24752

The quick disconnects used on Porta Powers are handy for other things.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Wasn't the recip saw a lot quicker? That thing must take a minute or more to cycle, huh? Nice, though! Was it expensive?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Just be sure to put the plastic plugs/covers back on every fitting every time. (I got chewed out at the body shop for forgetting once.)

Amazon is slightly cheaper and has free 2-day Prime shipping if you're a Prime member. It's $99/yr and they just told me I had saved $289 last year in shipping fees.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Jim, thanks. I have another high pressure hydraulic set up for 10,000 psi. With a pneumatic/hydraulic pump and a number of cylinders. All bought piecemeal on auctions and some taken out of a custom machine that never saw use. I just finished it last week and it does use such couplers. I will post some pictures later. This week we will be lifting some heavy machinery to move it (80,000 lbs) and these cylinders will hopefully be helpful.

Ignoramus24752

The pump was $100 on craigslist, the head about $130. Sawzall alone would not do it. My guy also used a circular saw with 60 tooth blade.

Ignoramus24752

Not bad at all. Is the head for copper only, or will it do wire rope?

One row at a time, I'm guessing?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Copper wire only, no steel.