How to not hire workers

I go through Ellington, CT every day. In the middle of town there's a sign up, that has had several additions made to it, to the effect that an experienced CNC machinist is needed. It's been up now for more than a year.

The trouble is that there is no building in the vicinity that bears any resemblance to a machine shop and there is no information on the sign that would suggest where one might go to apply for this position.

And no doubt the boss is one of those people who tells the Congresscritters that there are no qualified applicants so he has to go recruit some guy from India.

I should take a picture of it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yes, you should. On the other end of the spectrum, the production manager where I used to work would pick up unskilled workers by driving around at 7AM and snagging likely looking candidates at bus stops and offer them a job where you don't have to commute into NY city.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Yes, that would be nice. I see some useless signs, in my travels, also.

.

The trouble is that there is no building in the vicinity that bears any resemblance to a machine shop and there is no information on the sign that would suggest where one might go to apply for this position.

And no doubt the boss is one of those people who tells the Congresscritters that there are no qualified applicants so he has to go recruit some guy from India.

I should take a picture of it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon