how to sell a Maxmat V10

My father passed away recently leaving us a Maxmiat V10 lathe, with what appears to be a lot of accessories.

I would like to know how to value this machine, and where we may be able to sell it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely, Jeff Schaffner

Reply to
Jeff

Looks like it's a discontinued middle size hobby lathe. Emco has a loyal following, but its not super high end. A quick check on Ebay shows no complete V10s for sale, but lots of parts. Based on that I would think your highest cash-in on it would be to part it out and list the parts on Ebay. Being the type I am I would rather see it go to somebody who will use it as it is, but that's just me. Some sources list it as an 11x24. You could look at comparable 11x24 lathes from reputable vendors and see what a new one costs. If you get half that you probably did real good.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Jeff,

That's a high-end hobby lathe, Austrian. Many of them were used in labs and prototype shops. They are highly regarded despite some weak points. Some o f those came with a milling column that bolts to the backside of the bed. I f yours is complete with the milling attachment and all the usual tooling, it would easily bring $1500-$2000 here (Texas).

I would probably list it on Craigs List first, then after a couple weeks go to Hobby-machinist.com or PracticalMachinist.com. Ideally, have someone k nowledgeable and local go through it and identify all the thins that should go with it, and take good photos.

Good luck

Rex

Reply to
Rex

There's a Yahoo Group/maillist dedicated to the V10. Search Yahoo groups for emcoV10lathe friendly helpfull people with good advice. Sign up for a while and ask some questions there. Regards Malcolm.

Reply to
Malcolm Moore