Lionel "O" Gauge Trains To Sell

I have some old Lionel "O" gauge trains I would like to sell, but I have no idea what they are worth today. In the mid 80's, I several collectors appraise what I have and the average value then was around $1400 USD. I would like to sell the collection as I no longer have an interest in model trains.

I would like to find something or location where I can determine today's value of my pieces. Any help is greatly appreciated in advance.

Regards,

Mark Saunders BSD High Power Rocketry Glendale, AZ

Mark Saunders

Check the Greenberg Books now published by Kalmbach and expect to get, at best, 50% of Greenberg values for items in real great condition. The bottom has fallen out of 70s era MPC Lionel.

Ray H.

Reply to
Whodunnit

Mark=A0Saunders wrote: I have some old Lionel "O" gauge trains I would like to sell, but I have no idea what they are worth today. In the mid 80's, I several collectors appraise what I have and the average value then was around $1400 USD. I would like to sell the collection as I no longer have an interest in model trains. I would like to find something or location where I can determine today's value of my pieces. Any help is greatly appreciated in advance.

----------------------------------------------- Charles Siegel has an on-line price guide:

Greenberg's Lionel Pocket Price Guide--2004 Edition is an inexpensive book that lists current values for almost all Lionel items ever made:

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

If you post a list, including the item numbers on each engine and piece of rolling stock, maybe someone can give you an idea of value. You will need to also post if they are with original boxes and what the general condition is.

Reply to
TRAINMAN9