How to: Using a Lathe and/or Mill

Is anyone aware of any good DVDs or VHS tapes on the subject of using Lathes and/or Mills?
You can't do any better than visual demonstrations, and there doesn't
seem to be much out there on these subjects.
(And taking a class/course is *not* an option for me).
Thanks a lot.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York
Get the Southbend book. How to operate a Lathe. Bob AZ
We used the AGI tapes as instructional material in the machining classes I taught. Students could check out and watch at home, and then apply in the lab.
see: http://www.machineshopcourse.com /
Prices seem a little high, but there is a lot of material compared to the less expensive tape sets. I understand there are web sites that will rent you the tapes and you might check to see if you can obtain on interlibrary loan.
Uncle George
On 21 Jan 2006 13:46:15 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mail.con.com wrote:

Google this group for technical rentals. Someone was offering a rental by mail deal in the last year or two.
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:32:15 -0500, the renowned "ATP*"

http://technicalvideorental.com/rental_0.html
Great folks to deal with.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany