HVAC help

The high speed windings are typically used with gas or oil furnaces--the reduced temperature rise serves to extend heat exchanger life and reduces the possibility of causing a fire

Alternately, with A/C, in order for effective dehumdification to occur, there is a need to keep face velocity at the evaporator below a certain threshold, otherwise, instead of trickling down into the condensate pan, dropets that precipitate on the coil are vaporized instead and end up getting blown back into the airstream causing water soaked ductwork etc and so usually the low or medium speed setting is used instead.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Gunner Asch on Tue, 29 May 2012 23:22:52 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

He/She/It voted for Obama out of conviction. Not because Obama would be The First Black President, but because he offered Hope and Change.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

The dual caps are brilliant! When one fails the top puffs up and breaks all connections on both internal caps

Reply to
Tom Gardner
[ ... ]

[ ... ]

In my case, the ground lead broke or burned out or whatever, leaving the two in series. As a result, a reasonable value of capacitance was available for the fan, but the compressor kept trying to start, dimming the lights, and then giving up as the heat sensor told it to quit. No visible bulges in that cap, unfortunately. And when I tried to measure it, I got the right reading (close enough for a non-precision cap) for the fan motor run cap, so went on to look at other things for a while. Of course, this sort of thing happens on the hottest days of the year. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

All that changes is not necessarily good.

.

He/She/It voted for Obama out of conviction. Not because Obama would be The First Black President, but because he offered Hope and Change.

-- pyotr Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

Let's promote "S/He/It".

When I was young "One" or 'They" were the gender-neutral third person pronouns. "They" didn't discriminate between singular and plural either.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

No, I voted for Obama because the monetary policy embraced by the = previous administration had caused the global economy to crash and = allowed a huge decline in household wealth and earnings capacity to = occur for the vast majority of American citizens.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

I'm not pleased with TARP, or Patriot act. That said, the solution to over spending and removing freedoms.... is not more spending, and more loss of freedom. I'm less pleased with the foreign born America hating Muslim communist. Less, even, than the domestic fascist.

Can we change it back to Reagan?

.

No, I voted for Obama because the monetary policy embraced by the previous administration had caused the global economy to crash and allowed a huge decline in household wealth and earnings capacity to occur for the vast majority of American citizens.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The defecit problem was caused as much by excessive tax cuts as it was = by overspending.

Reagon is where many of todays problems started.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Talk about the lack of luck! It's like things conspired against you.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

"Jim Wilkins" on Thu, 31 May 2012 09:11:29

"Sie" was the term used for a while.

But I used the He-she-or-it formulation because with liberals, you can't automatically assume that they are male. Wouldn't want to be too gender assumptive, would we?

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I don't assume Homo Sapiens. Isolate a group of urbanites like on "Survivor" and challenge them to lift themselves out of the Stone Age.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Right you are, Pete. Many liberals -are- he/shes.

Yeah, just don't make us watch it. How did that sig go? Something like "The term Homo Sapien is an aspiration, not a definition."

-- In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to our efforts. -- Peter McWilliams

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Point taken. But the detail that a subset of modem man couldn't reconstruct lifestyle of the Middle Paleolithic, doesn't change them from being "Thinking Man" or even Homo Faber (man the tool user.)

There is also the axioms of the Bene Gesseret, that because it has the form of a human being it must be treated as a human being, until such time that it demonstrates that it is an animal, and not a human being.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Larry Jaques on Fri, 01 Jun 2012

08:54:38 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Yep, He or she it

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Yep, in PSC motors the capacitor is energized full-time while the motor is running (both windings also energized). PSC motors utilize 3 power leads (not counting the case/earth ground) and are often impedance protected by design.

Another PSC characteristic is that a multi-speed PSC motor doesn't require extra power leads, as changing the capacitor value can change the speeds.. a two-section capacitor with 2uF and 4uf can be switched to provide 3 speeds by using 2, or 4, or both combined in parallel for 6uF, for example.

The capacitor value for PSC motors is a low value up to around 20uF or sometimes slightly higher.

In split-phase capacitor start motors, the capacitor is only energized momentarily during startup.

The split-phase capacitor start/CSIR motor utilizes a centrifugal switch to attain it's run speed, and has only 2 power leads (not counting the case/earth ground) and the same applies whether the motor is split-phase without a start cap, or split-phase capacitor start and capacitor run type.

Start capacitor values for SPCS motors is generally high with a value of approximately 500uF per horsepower (fractional HP motor start caps typically about 100uF).

So there are several differences that make identification of the motor type fairly easy, hence the capacitor type.

Knowing the actual use/type of cap may not be of much use when inquiring at a parts counter though.. many sellers of motor caps mis-state the correct terms.

Reply to
Wild_Bill