HVLP spray nozzles getting clogged up

Hey Guys

I had a mnor issue with an HVLP gun where i think i set the paint in it to be too thick and as such i clogged up 3 of the 8 little nozzles on the gun the tiny litttle ones near the central nozzle of an hvlp

How on earth do i get those cleaned or what is thin enough to get in there? the holes are absolutely tiny sloshing the nozzle in laquesr thinner didnt help me any nor did burying it in mineral spirits

Any ideas?

Reply to
Brent

Lots of solvent and...

Tiny wire file from a welding torch cleaning kit.

Or a resistor lead...

Just need something to break it loose and flush it out.

Richard

Reply to
cavelamb himself

Time to spring six bucks or so for a set of drill bits, sizes 61 to

  1. Get a couple cheap pin vises while you are ordering stuff.

Most of the usual suspects carry these sets.

A little carefull work with a drill bit smaller than the holes, and work your way up to the drill bit that "just" fits the hole, and they will still be round and clean.

The solvent to use is variable, depending on the paint. Using the wrong stuff can turn some paints into mung that is similar to warm chewing gum, and tough to clean out.

Paint stripper can be handy, too. Get the good stuff. If it won't burn skin on contact, it isn't the good stuff!

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 23:33:26 -0700 (PDT), with neither quill nor qualm, Brent quickly quoth:

Isn't that fun? We'll hope it wasn't a 2-part epoxy paint.

Try soaking the parts overnight in lacquer thinner and blowing them out the next morning. If that doesn't work, try carb dip. Use the real stuff (like Berryman's B-9 Chem Dip) if you can possibly find it (illegal in CA), which contains methylene chloride and cresols. Dip for 15-20 minutes (half an hour, maximum), rinse thoroughly, blow dry.

-- Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life. --Jesse Lee Bennett

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Don't know about this case, but for rattle can nozzles, I just let them sit in brake fluid for a couple days then blow them out with 100 PSI air. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller