hydraulic cylinders

Hey Guys, Where is the best place to purchase hydraulic cylinders? I am building a log splitter and need a 4x30 cylinder. Thanks

Reply to
eight points or better

Tom Gardner

Princess Auto is the "best priced " hydraulic supply we have up here in the Great White North!

Good luck Pete

Reply to
Pete

If you live in a rural area, check out your local scrap yard. I've bought several that way. Look them over carefully.

Steve

eight po>Hey Guys,

Reply to
Steve Smith

--FWIW check out the 2nd and 3rd photos on this page, to learn how *not* to build a logsplitter:

steamer

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 18:15:12 GMT, steamer calmly ranted:

RE: the first pic, So now you have a nice scar with which to scare kids (and, better yet, entice young women) plus a story to tell. Cool. ;)

RE: the splitter, Why is it that just AFTER we spend weeks of time and far too much money on a project that the particular piece we just made comes out in an ad for half the price and less than an hour's time spent? Whose law or corollary covers that?

  • OPERA: A Latin word * Wondrous Website Design
  • meaning * Save your Heirloom Photos
  • "death by music" *
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:43:06 GMT, "eight points or better" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Agparts Warehouse?

Reply to
Old Nick