hydraulic hose tool question

Has anyone here found a cheap hydraulic hose crimping tool? I am Building a kit car and will need to custom make a/c and power steering lines but all the crimping tools are over 1000$. any help would be appreciated

Reply to
Mr. Bla

They are simply not worth doing yourself since numerous places from auto parts stores to the various Parker stores make custom hydraulic hoses at low cost.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

use aircraft parts. they screw together and can be done in a vice with a spanner. you can have a look at these in the online catalogs at aircraft spruce and specialty or at wicks. look under hose fittings. the brands are stratoflex and aeroquip.

Stealth Pilot

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

I really do not understand your concern here. When you buy your components at most hydraulic stores, they will normally assemble and crimp your hoses for free. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:02:42 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Mr. Bla" quickly quoth:

Trailer it down to your local NAPA Auto Parts Store early in the morning (maybe schedule it with them first!) Most of them have the proper tooling to make custom hoses and it can be cheaper than buying hoses from the dealerships (if those would even work.)

NAPA made all the hoses for the old frame and collision shop I used to work in. A/C, P/S, other hydraulics, steam cleaner hoses, etc.

- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. ---

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
JR North

They are expensive because they are precision tools that HAVE to do a

100% job. Get them made up as suggested - not good to have a home made brake hose blow when you put that extra "stop real fast" load on the pedal....

On a slightly similar note - one of our Australian warships had a major engine room fire where a few people died. Traced to a contractor doing a lousy job on the engine feed fuel line crimping..........they blew........ah, the joys of "economic rationalisation" and "contracting out".....

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA