Hypertherm w/ Template

Hey guys,

I bought a HT Powermax 900 recently and am having trouble getting going.

It cuts fine, but I'm having trouble using it with templates.

I'm using 1/8 thick MDF and can't seem to get the right fit with the torch.

The torch has a shielded end so it can touch the steel.

However, the only decent radius to lean on is half way up the torch, and has about 1.2" diameter.

All the other steps on the tip seem to be too short or are tapered.

Any suggestions here much appreciated.

Also, cutting some rusted, some smooth steal is causing me to jerk too much (not a surprise to my wife). Should I get away from the shielded tip?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Reply to
Dr Jimmy

I use thin material and have it run right on the tip.

Drag instead of pushing. Use a light touch.

Reply to
Mike Graham