I hate can openers!!

Finished kegging, one is an IPA the other an Imperial Russian Stout--both are in the fridge chilling prior to force carbonation which I will probably do using the MR Deburr vibro machine tomorrow or so...The older keg still had a gallon or so of beer in it, I put it outside ontop of the heat pump condensor unit which should keep it ten or so degrees below outdoors ambient. My current fridge only holds 2 kegs, I sold my True glass door commercial fridge a while back...

Lost some time messing around with one of the cornies ( recent craigslist aquisition ) that was leaking where the "out fitting" attaches...I had bought 5 of them for $50 from the guy and the rest of them seem fine so I'm still doing good on the deal...I think I have 8 kegs total now but at least two of them are leakers...rarely do I have more than 3 of them in use...

As to bottling, same here--it's just too much work....I still have a gazillion bottles I need to take to recycler or give away on craiglist soon I guess.

Fun and interesting hobby...

Oh almost forgot--the can opener I have was made by "can o matic"...judging from the look of it probably from the mid 50's if I had to hazard a guess.

PrecisionmachinisT

Paste, more accurately...

Beer or wine, Johnney's, Pepper steak seasoning, Brown sugar...

Little Chief--two pans of Alder chips...

Bag and freeze else refrigerate and use within a week or so...

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Swing-Away is The One for conventional openers. I picked up a pinch- opener from Big Lots that doesn't depend on mongo strength in the hands to punch the can and get started, has a long handle on the wheel that's ratcheted. Like a built-in ratchet wrench. I figure a small kid should be able to use it. One pass and it's open. I've had an electric version, didn't last more than a couple of years. They don't make the electric ones for longevity, just for cheap. The pinch type doesn't leave a ragged edge on the lid and the lid can be set back on top if the contents aren't totally used up.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

"Cross-Slide" wrote

PrecisionmachinisT

What does that have to do with can openers?

Reply to
Cross-Slide

Nothing much...

Why do you ask ?

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Try this one :

5 onion powder 2 garlic powder 1 paprika 2 salt - I like sea salt 4 chili powder 6 brown sugar

Units of measure up to you ... I sprinkle it on pretty heavy , pat it to help it stick . I guess you could mix in a little beer or wine to make a paste ...I like Kingsfords mesquite charcoal , and use a Brinkman horizontal with a burner box on one end . Did a brisket last sunday , 4 hours open , then 4 more wrapped in foil , all at around 190°-200°. Great with my wife's 'tater salad and baked beans (cooked on the grill too) , plus it made some very tasty fajitas for dinner later in the week .

Reply to
Snag

S:

When in the market for consumer items, I check this site which seems to be an online front for "Consumer Reports":

It usually provides a general item ranking and price along with an index of other reviews, the last which can save you valuable time hunting the net.

If you type in "can opener" on the site search bar, you will get results.

The Edlund looked neat. So do a lot of things that don't require one eye to peek through the fingers of a hand over it when looking at the price.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

New ones are about $5. I bought one a couple months ago. A lot are sold on a card so they can hang on pegboard, so you have to look for the Swing-A-Way imprint. It replaced one I used for 20 years that finally got too dull to use. The cutting wheel was worn down about 1/8" smaller than the new one.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That is a Swing-A-Way opener. You can see the imprint on the handle. That's over twice the price you can by them for at places like Target or K-mart.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell