idea for mosquito trap

Funny... I grew up hearing a variation of that tale, too. But EVERYBODY knows it REALLY happened at the Kinchloe AFB in Michigan's Upper Penninsula. :)

(Bonus points for the shrinking number of us that remember the days when Kinchloe was still an AFB rather than a medium security prison...)

Reply to
Don Bruder

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what Don Bruder fosted Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:36:26 GMT on rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:

Double bonus points for those who remember when Elmendorf was an "overseas" assignment, not part of The States.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 03:56:11 GMT, pyotr filipivich calmly ranted:

I was born there in '53, but it wasn't a state 'til '59. Does that count? ;)

Dad taught classes for the cargo pilots to ear their instrument ratings and would aim them at Mt. McKinley with the hood on, then have them take the hood up at the last second to judge their reactions under stress. He must have been a fun teacher. I wonder how many pilots left the aircraft with loads in their pants. ;)

Comprehensive Website Development ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what Larry Jaques fosted Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:20:06 -0700 on rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:

Close enough. Dad was on a remote tour in Alaska in '59, I was in preschool in Oregon.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich