Inches or millimetres ?

Geez, don't you know your measurements? 3 barley corns per inch, 4 roods per acre. So what does a barley corn per second equal in furlongs per fortnight?

Dan

but that is still the case. Silly yes, but never the less...

Reply to
Dan Caster

Sometimes it's confusing. The carpet manufacturers have gone metric and use the meter to list the size. However in the stores they sell carpet by the yard and then the carpet gets worn by the foot. HTH

Reply to
John

Take a look at

online calculator sems to cover what you're looking for. If you just want the conversions charts, you can also get these from
Regards -- John

Reply to
John

Hi Dan, Sorry, couldn't resist the mini-challenge. And, I was disappointed to see that no-one responded! By my calcs, it is = 50.909091 furlongs/fortnight, but this is based on a 24.000 hr day, not a lunar one, or any other sort. One of my engineering lecturers many years ago sorted out different unit systems for us by having us "define" new ones based on the mass of the earth and the distance from earth to the sun. It was fun, and instructive, and showed us that the distance between your ears is a fixed quantity, regardless of what you call it! Regards,Ian.

Reply to
Ian Kirby

Give the man a cigar!! It is kind of fun to use some of the less well known measurement systems, but it sure can be a PITA to live in the Imperial/Metric world.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Caster