Inflated compressor HP ratings

It looks like those phony horsepower ratings on many brands of air compressors may not be around much longer. I just read a post over in rec.woodworking that links to this site: .

Several air compressor manufacturers have agreed to a settlement of a class action lawsuit.

Reply to
Steve Dunbar

Does this mean Sears is going to do away with it's 300hp drillpress?

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Yeah, they may have to get rid of that model, but I understand they'll be coming out with a new radial arm saw that draws only 10 amps and puts out a whopping 436 HP! Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Not to mention 2000 Watt wall wart powered computer speakers. That is almost 3 HP!

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs

Boris Mohar