Interesting machine

This seems to be the weekend for wishing you lived somewhere else. I wish I lived in New York. There's an interesting machine on ebay that looks complex enough to scare other buyers away. It's a Swiss sort of horizontal machine that looks like it also has enough capabilities to to some interesting things for a live steam modelmaker like myself:

It's

It's somewhat strange, and you have to spend some time looking and thinking about it. I'm guessing it's missing a large angleplate but I dunno. There's also a nice shaper around the Albany area. My theory in mentioning these machines is that if I bid on them and get them, it was meant to happen. However, someone else will probably now bid. This would save me from having to explain to my wife why we need another piece of metalworking equipment of the eve of going to cabin fever where we might find we needed still more. It seems appropriate to quote the very rev. teenut's reply to someone who wrote in they had a bunch of money to spend:

"Do you not realise sir, that scores of readers of this list are recovering LATHAHOLICS!!!!

Many of them have wasted their lives, fortunes, families, careers...EVERYTHING...EVERYTHING I tell you, in dreams, lustings schemings, plots, and plannings of what would be their IDEAL LATHE if only they could lay their hands on $20,000...Nay Sir One HALF of that Princely Ransom!!!

Our TWELVE STEP PROGRAM here, has helped so many of them to return from the brink of the ABYSS!!! So many have been able to supress their PRIMAL URGES, their SECRETIVE and FURTIVE attempts to SELL their own CHILDREN on EBAY no less to raise such an impossible sum to slake their BLACK LUSTINGS

We have been able to help them find HAPPINESS with far far LESS...Can you believe Sir, in many many cases less than ONE THOUSAND of those DEVIL'S DOLLARS...to buy whatever heap of RUST and MISFORTUNE happened their way...To NURTURE said MISBEGOTTEN heap of JUNK...To learn to CHERISH and UNDERSTAND...aye Sir..Even to LOVE it's many FAILINGS and SHORT-COMINGS.

They have come HERE to this PLACE of FELLOWSHIP and UNDERSTANDING..First to CONFESS their FILTHY SECRETS..and to eventually COME to TERMS with them....Many have recovered enough to even begin to REBUILD their SHATTERED LIVES.

And now Sir, YOU Sir, with one THOUGHTLESS MISSIVE have DESTROYED all that!! Do you realise how many poor WRETCHES you have condemned to the SLOUGH of DESPOND, the PIT of WRETCHEDNESS that only another LATHAHOLIC can COMPREHEND!

BEGON Sir, take your DEVIL'S WORK with you and Let us FEW who are able to SHUN your BEGUILING, SIREN SONG, begin our GENTLE MINISTERINGS over..YET AGAIN...To SALVAGE what we can from the WRECKAGE you have so CARELESSLY WROUGHT!!!!!

GET THEE BEHIND US SIR!! "

That was from January 21, 2000.

Still ROTFLMAO, still sad as hell. Charles Morrill

Reply to
Charles Morrill

It looks like the the bastard child of a macho Hardinge TM and a lady Deckel who spent a drunken night in a cheap hotel room in NYC after a chance meeting in a bar when the flights were snowed in.

It would likly be a damned nice model makers miller..er..machine. Interesting little critter and very versitile.

Gunner

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." -- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

Gunner

Not Cincinnati?

Jim Stewart

Poor old P.J, probably thinks he's Irish through and through. Unfortunately his name is Celtic and his ancestors went from France ( Brittany) to colonize Ireland.

Reply to
Ahernwill

Waynemak

Nah..if it was Cincy..it would look like an iron lung with a Jato unit attached.

Gunner

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." -- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

Gunner

"Pretty common on this newsgroup"

Ive heard there is a 12 step program..but I like being this way.....

Gunner

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." -- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

Gunner

This is a ACIER F1 milling machine. The vice mounted on it is not the original one. To the machine belongs a 90 degree adapter, which avows you to mill with this machine vertical and horizontal. We have two of them.

Reply to
nyffeler

> =1

Actually, I've spent the afternoon looking for info on the web, and it really is a Sixis, very like the Acier but not the same machine. Both it and the Acier are pretty cool, very cool actually. I'm pretty sure that it is the original vice because a uk site:

...has pages of the company's original catalogue and can still get some accessories. Tony Griffith's uk lathe site also has some orginal pix. I am very, very tempted.

Charles Morrill

Reply to
Charles Morrill