Is It Really? - Black "Iron" PIpe

I'm pretty sure its low C steel, but I thought I'd ask. If I wander over to the local box store and pick up a piece of black "iron" pipe is it really iron or is it low C steel? It bends more like steel.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

It is welded steel pipe.

Real iron pipe is available only in very large sizes, and is obviously cylindrically cast. You won't mistake it for smooth, welded-seam black "iron" pipe.

Reply to
Ed Huntress