Joining 5-gallon buckets?

Hi, I need to join two 5-gallon buckets by their open ends.
Does anyone know of a clamping ring with over-center toggle clamp that would hold them together? I need to be able to part them easily for emptying the bottom bucket.
The buckets have a lip about 1/4" deep to the outer surface and 1/4" thick. Seems like a ring of 1/2' U-shaped stuff and a clamp would do it.
Thought I'd get the collective wisdom of you guys first before reinventing a wheel.
Thanks
On Sat, 5 May 2018 10:55:44 -0700 (PDT), "Dave, I can't do that"

Try this. They're for clamping lids, but many a little hammer work will make it fit:
https://tinyurl.com/y7zy3jwj
--
Ed Huntress

On 5/5/2018 12:08 PM, Ed Huntress wrote: > On Sat, 5 May 2018 10:55:44 -0700 (PDT), "Dave, I can't do that"
> >> Hi, I need to join two 5-gallon buckets by their open ends. >> >> Does anyone know of a clamping ring with over-center toggle clamp that would hold them together? I need to be able to part them easily for emptying the bottom bucket. >> >> The buckets have a lip about 1/4" deep to the outer surface and 1/4" thick. Seems like a ring of 1/2' U-shaped stuff and a clamp would do it. >> >> Thought I'd get the collective wisdom of you guys first before reinventing a wheel. >> >> Thanks > > Try this. They're for clamping lids, but many a little hammer work > will make it fit: > > https://tinyurl.com/y7zy3jwj >
I was thinking of just such a gizmo. I have a metal bucket here in the shop that uses a ring like that to hold the lid on.

Thanks Ed, exactly what I was hoping to find.
On Sat, 5 May 2018 10:55:44 -0700 (PDT)

Not knowing the application, vibration, leakage requirements...
Hook a long bungee cord in the bottom buckets bail holders and stretch over the top bucket...
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Metal or plastic bucket?

Fasten two snap-on lids together and cut out the center.