Is this a good deal

My dad is thinking abut buying this lathe. Does this seem like a decent price ? And any experience with this particulat model.

Dad is possibly going to sel a realll clean southbend 10k with all kinds of accessories and buy this one. if interested in it let me know too.

Mike

Price differs so much by area, so qualify any commnets by that. In this area, that would be on the high end of value. I'd look at it first. A totally cherry machine, inside, is allways a good buy. The price is soon forgot, the quality lingers. If your dad has run a lathe he knows not to be fooled by a nice paint job.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Kinda pricey, i have the same lathe and only paid $900.00 for mine and it came with more tooling. I think i saw the same machine on ebay a few weeks back, sounds like the guy has a dead line to move it, call him and offer $1000 for the lathe. $2500 is very high for a 40 year old machine, you can buy a new import equalivant for $1800.00 from harbor frieght.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Logans are good. I like this machine too:

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I notice it has the bracket for a taper attachment, but no mention of the attachment.

That is a very high price for that machine in almost any part of the country. Logans are great machines, and that one looks cherry. But for that money it should be like new with all conceivable tooling - including the rest of that taper attachment.

- - Rex Burkheimer Fort Worth TX

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Rex B

Reply to
RoyJ

The imported machines don't appear to be "equivalent" at all in quality, even if they have a lot of features. If you want a toolroom quality lathe, you're better off with a well cared for

40 year old US mach> Kinda pricey, i have the same lathe and only paid $900.00 for mine
Reply to
Mike Berger

Here we go again!

Rex B, who has one of each

Reply to
Rex B

Why not buy Leighs Heavy 10 for a hell of a lot less?

Located in Costa Mesa, Newport Beach. Day trip.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

I didn't realize Sobel had an ebay store. He needs better pictures and more of them.

Reply to
ATP*

He's had that UID for year actually, he just never sold much that way, being a technophobe. His son Peter always helped him out.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen