Is this Cobalt or HSS?

I'm looking at a Regal-Beloit end mill, 3/4" dia. M-7
It is described as Cobalt but, when I try a search, it shows it to be
HSS.
Which is correct?
TIA
Lewis.
*****
Reply to
limeylew
M7 is a high speed steel -- I don't believe it contains any cobalt. M42 is probably the most common cobalt HSS.
Reply to
Ned Simmons
FWIW, all "cobalt" tools are actually classed as high speed steel. M42 is the most common of the "cobalt" high speed steel grades, with 8% cobalt. You'll also see M35 (5% cobalt), and many of the high-end proprietary grades contain various amounts of cobalt.
M7 is a tough HSS with good overall properties, often chosen for use in portable industrial drills because it will tolerate some off-axis loads and rough handling. It contains no cobalt.
-- Ed Huntress
Reply to
Ed Huntress
Thanks for the help here, gentlemen, I appreciate it.
Kind regards.
Lewis.
*****
Reply to