It Worked !!!

watch for the "patriot" Pegazair - a picture in this article towards the end:

See:

See the Patriot get off the ground at .00 ;44 in this one, and the landing at4:27

Clare Snyder

Impressive. Have you seen the video of the batwing suits? I watched one where a dozen or more went down the mountain paralleling the trail they climbed up. There was a bright splotch halfway down where one guy evidently got a little too close to the boulders. Can't find it on YT right now.

The lone flight of my handbuilt (bamboo carpet-pole + sheet) hang glider got me off the ground and horizontal before folding and dropping me harmlessly on the grass.

I raced my friend on their Combat Wombats around a dirt course in my '62 Corvair convertible. And after trying my other friend's 400 Husky just once, I swore off racing dirt. I was more at home on a Hodaka, thankyouverymuch. That Husky was nicknamed "The Trencher" for good reason, and it had a toggle switch 1/8-turn throttle which scared the bejesus out of me. I prefer 70% dirt/30% air, not 5/95%, thanks.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That might power it OK. VBG

Lycoming$ are nice, I hear.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Love the Helium Fill Port decal. Auto-slat-deploy is cool.

Well, I used to love them. Egad, the cost!

Resource Limit Is Reached The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

90 HP at 3000 RPM at 72F and 1055 ft ASL - basically the same output as a 100HP rated O200

You can completely "zero time" a CorvAir for the cost of ONE jug on a Lyco$auru$

Reply to
Clare Snyder

My project is also on the pegazair.on-the-net.ca site.

The website is a bit out of date.

Also see:

Clare Snyder

I've always had the same problem with masks causing fogging of my eyeglasses, and learned early on to tighten the top straps 2x that of the lowers to prevent it.

Those air controllers likely all had their heads at 45-degree angles looking at the altitude and airspeeds during his flight. Love to have a picture from the tower right about then. LOL

The photos he took felt familiar as I read the blurb about each. I've been both in Los Alamos and up the Sandia Peak aerial tramway. The tram's a hoot. It's 2-80' off the ground for the first let, then it goes over the first tower and heads off over a 1,500' sheer cliff. All the women in the car gasped and moved to the middle of the car while I got the best view right at the window, looking down.

Look at all the Cleco porcupines!

Oh, jeeze. Was anything salvageable from Will's crash? Maybe the seats and instrument cluster? Speaking of which, that's a busy dash panel.

Reply to
Larry Jaques