Jet lathe motor HELP

Or you could take that US motor with its .875 shaft, clamp it down, turn it on, & apply a file to the rotating shaft. .0025 from the radius should be a piece of cake.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

There are some bargains to be found in used motors.. I try to keep several spares for machines as backups, and for future projects.

Buying new motors isn't often a consideration for me, but I would if desparately needed. A used 2HP 120/240VAC flea market motor cost me only $35 a few years ago.. a great Westinghouse ball bearing, air compressor rated (start and run caps) in good condition.

A good alternate plan might be to find a variable speed AC or DC motor setup.. they're a great upgrade for any lathe.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

replying to toolbreaker, Jimsshop wrote: I have a jet 1336, the motor is 1720 RPM

Reply to
Jimsshop