Just One Use items

Growing up in Michgian, on the Ausable River..fly fishing country..had lots and lots and lots of black bear. Lots of em.

Been more times then I could count Id be fly fishing with bears eating blueberrys all around me. Caught one with a Royal Coachman once..right on the tip of her nose, on back cast. She went cross eyed trying to figure out what had bitten her nose..and I snapped the line forwards and pulled it out of her snozz. She pissed and moaned for a couple minutes then went back to eating berries.

Had a few old timers get pissy a time or two, but most of them were pretty much used to and moderatly cautious around humans.

Gunner

"I believe that being despised by the despicable is as good as being admired by the admirable."

From long experience myself, I can only say, "You betcha."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Actually..to be fair..unless you are buying the 2 for a dollar tools..the vast majority of the HF tools are decent enough.

After the burglary to my truck, where persons unknown got $11,000 worth of tools, SnapOn etc etc from my service truck..I bought HF sockets, box ends, crescents etc etc. And I still havent broken a single one. And I make my living repairing machine tools with em.

And if I need to make a Special tool..I dont cringe about cutting, welding, bending etc etc a HF tool.

And they are cheap enough to replace.

Gunner

"I believe that being despised by the despicable is as good as being admired by the admirable."

From long experience myself, I can only say, "You betcha."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Anchor on a Toyota?

Reply to
Don Foreman

(...)

Inverted can of 'duster' spray makes actinic keritosis lesions exit stage right. Takes a while (and the first couple layers of skin)....

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:55:50 -0800 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Well, they're you're kids, so "You brung 'em in, you can take 'em out."

That's Charles in the hammock. He's a Counselor at a Summer Camp... and used to go there when he was a kid. He's the sort of counselor that the kids love, but the parents can't stand. What makes the "experience" so much fun is that the Camp is now sponsored by the ASPCA, PETA, The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and Greenpeace." In other words, not a single group which knows beans about Nature, true Native American History, or children under the age of 24. I think you'll like it.

pyotr filipivich

Buttered fatassses, meat sauce and uncooked steaks are way far yonder behind bacon grease as bear bait.

Justice is a sex offender lashed to a tree in the northwoods, liberally smeared with bacon grease, perhaps not far from the sex-offender prison (with color TV) in Moose Lake he dodged by legal chicanary. The prison is full but the northwoods is capacious.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Naw, Wes. I meant run whilst the bear is attracted to the other guy. Too bad if it happens to be your hunting companion.

pheromones, so you can

How fast do you have to run to out run a bear? Faster than the guy next to you.

Wes

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Well, I've always been satisfied by first use of toilet paper. Never tried to reuse it.

Air Bags if they deploy and you walk away.

Then there is the whole aircraft parachute. Same disclaimer as above.

Obviously if you fly aerobatic and use your FAA mandated personal chute once, that qualifies also.

I doubt the Martin Baker ejection seat gets reused.

There is a saw stop technology that can sense your finger touching a table saw blade and stop the blade. It works once and then you replace it.

Back when I was injecting either fertility drugs into my now ex wife's buttocks or insulin into my dogs back, I figured one use on a syringe and needle was worth it.

I'm going to toss spare tire in. I've never used the spare for my Saturn, or my escort. I did once for my Ranger, shortly after the front tire left my truck at 70 mph never to be found again by me.

If you go through the trouble of taking self defense courses, obtain a carry permit, deal with carrying issues and need and have it just once. It was worth it.

Wes

Wes

if it happens to be

What are you guys hunting with? I'm starting to think keeping a few 20ga slugs with me while bird hunting might be a good idea.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I bought some rolling head pry bars. Each lasted less than one use.

Same for some metal stamps. One hit on 1018 and my O stamp is now in BOLD FONT.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Don goes, "Anchor on a Toyota?"

Right on! Recent developments on the Toyota scene should put all Greenies out of the Prius mood.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I had the opposite happen. I lost my prized, slim 8" pry bar that I use to pull nails in tight places. I ordered the closest I could find on eBay, and it opened flat during the first use, it had no heat treatment at all. A few days later I was in HF and saw a two pack and figured, can't be any worse for 3 bucks. I tried one out on a nearby vise and it seemed OK. They are perfectly heat treated and tough as all get out.

But that the problem with Chinese goods, it's a crap shoot. Especially with metal properties.

Reply to
DT

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:57:23 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

bad if it happens to be

Are you going to explain that last part, mon?

-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. -- Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 19:38:48 -0500, the infamous Wes scrawled the following:

The 4-piece set? I still have mine 30 years later but only use it for alignment and as a jack handle. I think I've used one or another of them for prying two pieces of wood apart, too. Nothing rough.

Oops! I haven't tried mine yet.

-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. -- Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I bought 2 4 piece sets while attending NAMES last year. I've killed four of them in matching pairs.

My Sears pry and a coupe of Mc Master Carr pry's are going strong still.

Try all the characters, I suspect they HT one character at a time in a large batch with typical varying results.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

of the Prius mood.

I'm thinking of a Toyota with a drag racing drag chute mounted for those JIC moments. :)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

nies out of the Prius mood.

JIC moments. :)

A fuel pump cutoff switch?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

And a battery cut out if a Prius.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

of the Prius mood.

I learned to handle WOT on a '84 Citation - drove it 7 miles to get off the thruway and to a location where I could kick the b*tch loose without hitting neutral and let it blow the engine. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:08:43 -0500, the infamous Wes scrawled the following:

Are they breaking from being too brittle, or bending due to lack of hardening?

Bueno. My HF digging bar is just peachy. The medium pry bar with a round and a flat chisel end is softer than hell on the round end.

That would tend to suck. I'd have to go to HF and say "Hi, Mr. Manager. I'm going to need all your sets of alphanumeric stamps, a hammer, and a place to sit and try them. Here are the bad characters from the set I bought. I brought my own metal to sample 'em."

Hmm, I wonder if it's just not worth it?