Just thought Id pass along some memories

Gunner

"I believe that being despised by the despicable is as good as being admired by the admirable."

From long experience myself, I can only say, "You betcha."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 03:46:23 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

Noting the bald head, was it cancer that got him in the end? RIP, TeeNut.

Nice little shop.

And I giggled with the thought after seeing this pic:

on the Wreck'd be asking "Is that dust collector tube grounded?"

-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I still have the e-mails between us. One where I caught him with a mistake, a very rare occurrence. :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

I showed up too late to enjoy his company. All indications are that we lost a good man way too early.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

He was quite a character. Lots of know-how and experience to share, and as opinionated as they come. Always entertaining, though, and passionate about sharing his knowledge and experience. He was one of the good guys.

many of his posts are classics and some, like his opinions on the use of "way oil", still spark debates on various metalworking forums around the web. There was mention of it just in the past week or two on the HSM magazine forum.

It was small-cell lung cancer that killed him in the end. Got it into remission for a short while with chemo, IIRC, but it was back before too long.

Reply to
Al A.

I remember posts from teenut. Makes me want to go out and do harm to some of the current crop of idiot posters in this NG.

In honor of teenut, let's at least TRY to emulate him, and ignore the trolls.

It's what he would have done, would cause him to smile from wherever he's at, what we SHOULD do, anyway.

RIP, teenut. See you one of these days.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B