Road trains

G'day,

I posted a few photos of cattle road trains in the Northern Territory to the drop box (thanks Jeff). I think I did it ok but first time I have posted photos.

Long time lurker.

Regards.

Mac

Reply to
kemad

Has the rail link reduced the number of such on the Stuart Highway?

Reply to
David Lesher

Just one improvement:

Can you post a link to the explanatory txt file, and to the pix themselves?

Save us the inconvenience of searching for them...

-- Jeff R.

Reply to
Jeff R.

Royston Vasey

Loading that many cattle would take hours. I'm curious, why doesn't each truck just leave as its loaded? I don't see an advantage to everyone driving so close together. All but the front truck has a terrible view and eats dust.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 17:59:30 +1030, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@ozemail.com.au scrawled the following:

Yes, it worked. Royston posted the actual links. Cool heli pics.

I thought you might have been building their trailers, Mac.

-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Nice pix! From a plane, I presume?

In pix 1 & 3 (on the road) - are they moving? If so, how fast (they are really close together)? Also if so, how come no dust is coming up - those roads don't look paved.

How's their safety record? An accident is probably spectacular.

Bob

BTW - you could make great panoramas with stitching software. I've used the free Microsoft research version:

impressive

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reduced aerodynamic drag.

Reply to
Larry Fishel

Reduced aerodynamic drag.

REply: Lots of those road trains are a couple miles long and one big tractor pulling. Not a lot of trucks.

Reply to
Bill McKee

No, not to any noticeable amount. The rail line operator is on the brink of bankruptcy (might be in receivership) due to lack of trade - which did n't take a rocket scientist to foresee but politicians and bureaucrats just had our money to burn.

Reply to
Why are people so cruel