Knife Making

Updated email in the header

Reply to
Pete C.

I do have a google drive as a matter of fact..Ill put them up there as soon as I get done downloading the lathes.uk site. Its been 19 hours so far and I think Im at 1.6 gigabytes.

probably another 8 hrs or so. '

24.5kb/sec

I love WinHTtrack!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

got it.

Ill see what I can send you over the next week or so.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I've sharpened woodworking blades on a surface grinder. They burn very easily unless I take off only a few ten-thousandths per pass. The mag chuck won't grip rough work until it has been milled flat and straight, and it's difficult to hold and support the blade securely enough over its full length at an angle. jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

When I had access to a quality surface grinder, I used it to sharpen the D2 blades from my 6" jointer. It worked great but I still had to hone them by hand afterwards.

I've also tried it on carbon-steel plane irons. It's very difficult to keep them from burning because they're probably tempered at around 350 deg. F at the factory.

Reply to
Ed Huntress